Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I make it 15 points.

If it's double points for all points finishes then 50 - 36 = 14.

So if Ros is on 200 and Ham on 186 and it finishes Ham, Ros, with normal points it would be 218 vs 211.
With double points it would be 236 vs 236 and Ham could potentially take it on countback.

Think I need to make a quick table plotting the potential score differences and what score one driver will need to be ahead by going into the final race.

Surely one will need to be ahead of the other by over 50 points for there to be no chance of an impact?

Double Points Gap.JPG

Attachments

Last week someone tweeted that Lewis was the best driver out there whilst Nico is just a very good driver who is benefiting the best car

Now I had not realised but it was 6-4 to Nico in quali despite Lewis' 1 lap speed... you can say that has been exacerbated by Lewis' brakes blowing up last week, the error at Silverstone in the wet and the infamous Monaco reverse

I hope the championship is not decided by the incident at Monaco

Lewis says he can't focus or work any more harder to close on Nico .. okay luck that plays into it but also are you as clinical as Ayrton Senna was

- Now I don't mean go back on your words on any pre race agreement but show such intensity in racing that might shake Nico

- Here's thinking a wheel to wheel down the straight and getting close to the pitwall is coming soon

one other thing - the German fans going to last week's race was down on previous years so it appears they don't really consider Nico as true German ... maybe a bit of poor marketing has got to do with it as well

As far as the spectators were concerned the whole weekend was underwhelming.

F1 qualifying, not a sound when Hamilton went out, nothing for the drivers at the end of qualy.

The support racers got very little thanks for the pains; at the end of the F3 race there were myself and the other bloke applauding as the drivers came round on their slowing down time. F2 was similar, together with the Porsche Super Cup.

There were several applauding at the end of the F1 race, but only part way down the field.

I asked my German neighbours about it, they just didn't have a clue as to why it didn't happen. At least Silverstone has excitement from the crowd whatever happens.

I'm not saying the double points system is good but hasn't there been many occasions when a driver has been robbed of the title at the final race? Wasn't Massa robbed of it in 2008 by the weather, didn't Moss literally give his championship away, and also if say we had normal points for the last race and one driver is 24 points ahead but fails to finish because Maldonado got near him and the other driver wins taking the championship by 1 point isn't that the same difference.

Even so like I said I think double points at the last race is a bloody stupid idea...

Last edited:
The difference is Mephistopheles is that ever race was worth the same so the random event was punishing the driver just once and therefore the events were even. A retirement or a quick flash storm is punishing a driver twice is one go.

Back
Top Bottom