Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Jen - His averages will improve because of (a) self-belief and (b) a car that is ludicrously fast. That's why the idea is to compare his results by circuit.

I can't use stats to suggest who'll win the title. Well, Mercedes will.

I know that and the info is informative - just thought we have a 'different' Nico now.

Stats could well come a cropper here! Or not as the stats may be!!

I don't see how it won't be a factor.
There are actually three ways it might not, RasputinLives :
1. There are more than 50 points between Rosberg and Hamilton going into the last race, so that it won't make any difference as the champion will have already been decided. At the moment, this scenario looks quite unlikely, but who knows? As Murray walker said, "anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does".
2. There are less than 7 points between them, so that whoever wins the race and the title would have won it anyway, without needing the double points. A far more likely scenario than 1.
3. Whatever the points difference between the two, The leader going into the final race outscores the other, again making the double points irrelevant.

So maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

It becomes relevant if one driver is between 25-50 points behind the other going into the final race. If the leading driver fails to finish the final race then the title will robbed at the death.

It becomes relevant if one driver is between 25-50 points behind the other going into the final race. If the leading driver fails to finish the final race then the title will robbed at the death.

Equally robbed if they are 8 points clear going into the last race and finish second behind the challenger.

Back
Top Bottom