Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

And by the way when I suggested that Lewis was starting to play mind games you all shot me down in a rather nasty way and yet on Sunday both Martin Brundle and Johnny Herbert were saying the exact same things that I had been so maybe you should tweet them and tell the that they are talking shit.

Also Nico was asked directly if he had sat down with Lewis and talked about the Bahrain race and Nice was adamant that he had and then they asked Lewis if Nico had talked to him about the Bahrain race and he answered with an emphatic no ..

So one of them is lying, you can make your own minds up which one...

Last edited:
What did Brundle and Herbert say? I saw the show and didn't hear anything of that sort apart from Herbert poor stab at yanking Hamilton's hat off to reveal his afro.

Right at the beginning of the show on Sunday the three of them were talking about Lewis and Nico it started off because of the article about Nico wanting to sit down with Lewis for a talk and it went on to say Lewis saying yes you were faster than me but I still won when really you should have and they also mention about Lewis stating that Mercedes was his team and the car was built for him they both agreed that these were mind games, this is exactly what I said and got shot down for..

Last edited:
I heard the bit about the team and the car building bit. It was long the lines of he wasn't comfortable in last year's car and this car has been built to suit his style as opposed to car being specifically built for him and not Nico. Nothing new here really. There was feature early in the season where he talked about getting rid of some of the buttons on the steering wheel and shaving something like 5kg off etc. Obviously there was certain aspects of car design which are developed around driver preferences.

It is what they said I can guarantee it but maybe someone else watched it and can confirm what I heard but I doubt it as most people don't watch the entire show when it is on that early in the morning and it is an hour and a half before the race starts I have no reason to lie about this, but it is just their opinion just like mine is just my opinion, all I'm asking is when I put forward my opinion don't treat me like I just did a small pooh in your slippers...

Last edited:
Well when one hears Lazenby turn to Brundle and Herbert and ask is this Lewis playing mind games and Herbert says yeah I think it is and Brundle says yes I believe your right then I really would not know how else to interpret those words...

To be honest it wasn't a massive part of the pre race show just as my opinions aren't a massive part of this forum...

Last edited:
Now, I am in the camp that believes that Lewis with his head in the right place is nigh on unbeatable in same kit, but he's lost at least two seasons through distracting himself

I don't believe this head in the right place argument, distraction etc. For example no one is arguing that Button is under-performing because of his unfortunate bereavement. Vettel had a similarly error prone season in 010 and no one argued his head wasn't in the right place. Drivers never lose their affinity for racing come race day unless their name is Kimi or Montoya. If you're fast you're fast, even better if you have the car underneath you. Even a nutjob like Maldonado has shown that he can win races if you give him the car. 2011 is often cited as some annus horribilis for Hamilton but at no point did he lose his outright speed and stomach for racing. It came down to a few ill judged manoeuvres with a car that was clearly punching above its weight and it was downhill from there.

I thoroughly believe his head wasn't in the right place in 2011, simply because I've seen nothing else in his career to explain why he was so bad.

But the talk I hear of Rosberg being 'a thinking' driver and Lewis just a fast instinctive driver is I think silly talk. As was the talk that Lewis couldn't save tyres and wouldn't be able to save fuel. It's time those myths were dispensed with now.

Those myths will continue racecub with some, no matter what reality is given to them that he can manage both his tires and fuel, rather competently.

But that's it, isn't it? Such a record suggests an excellent result in the Championship.

He was 5th though, behind Button in the same car, behind Alonso in a palpably inferior car.

It's the inconsistency that suggests a mental block.

Back
Top Bottom