Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I was a tad surprised by Rosberg's comments because I thought the racing between the pair was tough but nothing over the top, and certainly nothing particularly unusual between two leading cars competing for the win.
Maybe Nico feels the pressure a wee bit there? The pressure f having for the first time in his career a car capable of delivering him the title, and he doesn't want the other guy to take it, friend or not.

I think the media is just trying to create a pantomime rivalry between them.

I could be completely wrong, but I just think Rosberg was referring to discussing the battle in the usual post-race debrief both sides of the garage attend and Hamilton may have thought they were asking if he'd had a special discussion alone with Rosberg to talk about the battle.

I think we saw the first signs of Rosberg:censored: he's bloody quick and not being able to respond to it . Tomorrow is another day but Rosberg must be thinking this guy is unbeatable

Not being able to match Hamilton over one lap is nothing to be ashamed of. If Rosberg is going to beat Hamilton he needs focus on race pace and be able to pass when he's behind. Half a loaf is better than none. He could've wrapped up second today but pushed the boundaries too far and lost it.

I think Rosberg's still in great shape to finish second tomorrow, and if the strategy is good he could even be competing with Hamilton for the win (in the expectation that nothing unfortunate happens to Hamilton). I'm left wondering, though, what would have happened if the shoe had been on the other foot last race, would Hamilton have been able to get past Rosberg in the same circumstance? IMO that's a yes.

Last edited:
would Hamilton have been able to get past Rosberg in the same circumstance? IMO that's a yes.

Nico got past three times and Lewis took him back immediately. But had the "shoe been on the other foot" Nico would have disappeared down the road because he and his car were quicker. Lewis did a remarkable job with a slower car/setup/right foot didn't he?

Last edited:
Rosberg is not a cold and calculating guy like Pironi but he needs to use his intelligence to beat Hamilton

Button proved it can be done just that it is one of the most daunting challenges in F1 right now Quintessentially I agree Rosberg needs to take a leaf out of Button's book and the same with Prost vs Senna ... accept Lewis is the faster guy over 1 lap but concentrate on race pace set up

Rosberg is not a cold and calculating guy like Pironi but he needs to use his intelligence to beat Hamilton

Button proved it can be done just that it is one of the most daunting challenges in F1 right now Quintessentially I agree Rosberg needs to take a leaf out of Button's book and the same with Prost vs Senna ... accept Lewis is the faster guy over 1 lap but concentrate on race pace set up

There is no Whitmarsh to apply his shenanigans which lead to Hamilton retiring countless number of times from the lead, botched pitstops, stalling development just to focus on Button's woes in 2012. The only hope for Rosberg, as was the case with Button, is if Lewis suffers from DNFs and only Toto Wolff seems to harbour such ambitions.

Back
Top Bottom