Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Rosberg v Hamilton and Alonso at Bahrain 2012. Cleared but aggressive all the same. He fights but cleanly which is why he felt Lewis went a bit too far in his defense. It was borderline.

Rosberg is usually calm and I can't remember a time he was penalised for causing a collision, crowding or weaving.

I like Rosberg for his integrity the way I like Hamilton for his aggression.

However, as an avid Rosberg fan he looked angry after this race. He's using fighting talk and just like Lewis knows it may be his last chance, this is possibly Rosbergs one and only chance. He will keep taking the fight to Lewis and when it really starts to matter I wonder who'll keep their cool and being the big points home.

if you do some analysis Rosberg vs Hamilton race wins

Monaco - well that was a case of grid position decided it

Silverstone - Lewis ' tyre blew and then Seb retired

Aus - he got the run first corner and was never challenged because Lewis had a car issue

Lewis' wins

Hungary and Malaysia dominant

Bahrain was the closest theyve battled

but its clear on sheer pace Hamilton will win and Rosberg needs to use his guile and intelligence to outsmart Lewis

Now Nico is an intelligwnt driver ...I am not expecting him to suddenly do a Pironi double cross but he has to find ways to beat Lewis-

yesterday it might have hit him hard especially after last week's drubbing

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113353

Lewis Hamilton says he will take a leaf out of Nico Rosberg's book and study his Mercedes Formula 1 team-mate's data to work out where he can do better.

The Bahrain Grand Prix winner found that lessons he had put to good use to win in Malaysia had been taken on board by team-mate Rosberg in the next race, thanks to the open data policy that exists within Mercedes.

Following a weekend where Rosberg ended up with the quicker car, Hamilton intends to study where he has to improve in the hope he can triumph again in China.

"So I'm going to study hard these next two weeks and I'm going to be giving it a lot of thought."

He said Rosberg had gone into a lot of depth to analyse his Malaysia performance.

"Someone in the team did a huge study on my pace last week and, as I arrived here this weekend, there was this big document with all the reasons why I was quick. And he used that to his advantage," said Hamilton.

"So I'll do the same and hope that it works for me."

If you watch Rosberg on the podium, it seemed like he was really bitter about losing to Hamilton and maybe Hamilton is in his head a bit.

When you lose a race like that, do you expect to be happy or bitter? I'm surprised he wasn't sulking and was actual playful with Hamilton.

On lap 19, Nico very briefly was able to get by Hamilton for the lead. Lewis being Lewis, attacked Rosberg aggressively, and was able to retake first place back from Nico. Those moves by Hamilton on lap 19 to regain the lead, were some of the best passing maneuvers that I've ever seen him make, and really totally suprised me that he was able to pull it off........terrific stuff.

Lap 19......was absoutely damn exciting.

Hamberg
There was a lot of criticism about the move towards the central console role in McLaren from fans on here; many stated that it was just a way to add favouritism towards JB... (Not sure how that would work mind you)... However, that is in the past now!

If you ask me, the only way for teams to work is by having data sharing, so fair play to Mercedes for ensuring equal sharing!!!

Last edited:
The Artist..... I think it came at a time JB had struggle with his set up for all of one race and the argument was it was being done so he could nick Lewis's set up.

The argument has always been Jenson can't set a car up. Which is similar to the argument that Lewis can't develop a car. Both are complete nonsense of course.

To be honest though Mclaren could have declared it national Lewis Hamilton week and someone somewhere on the internet would have found a way to twist it to suggest they were favouring Button. My all time favourite is always the one about them deliberatly doing slower pit stops for JB's team mates when there is only like half a second difference in between stops. Have you ever tried to do something deliberatly half a second slower? Bet you can't.

I do believe it all stemmed from Lewis not having the car under him to challenge for the title though. Right now Lewis has that and a seemingly popular team-mate so Merc don't get the same scrutiny.

They are doing a good job for the boys at the moment. I still worry about that management structure though.

Last edited:
When you lose a race like that, do you expect to be happy or bitter? I'm surprised he wasn't sulking and was actual playful with Hamilton.
Not that I expect him to be happy but sulking and pouting on the podium and commenting to the interviewer how much you hate coming in 2nd does nothing but let Hamilton know that you got him.
Had it been me, I would have shook Lewis' hand, told him, "great drive" and on the podium clapped for him, supported him and moved on to the next one. At the end of the day, despite the rivalry between teammates, he is still your teammate and after its all said and done you support your teammate.

Back
Top Bottom