Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

RasputinLives When the Mercedes was good Rosberg clearly was a match for him on speed

since the Mercedes has dropped in performance he has not been as quick except for Abu Dhabi where Hamilton went backwards !!

---------------

What concerns me is Hamilton's yo-yo attitude if he was upbeat he was really up for it , when he was down he seems to write off the race

------------

I am beginning to wonder if Hamilton is as hungry as he use to be.

It will come to surprise to people how Hamilton said he was struggling with the car ( no doubt if it was somebody else saying the same thing they would have been dubbed :censored:)

Maybe next year when Mercedes can determine the parts for their turbo engines Lewis might sparkle

IMO the tyres have played the biggest role in Hamilton's lack of WDCs since 2008 (notwithstanding not having a car that could genuinely regularly compete with RB). Hamilton is a racer and his last-of-the-late-brakers style and ability to overtake where others thought it wasn't possible have been impacted by the fact that a single aborted overtake destroys your tyres. For me the last couple of seasons have been a black spot for F1. Yes you've always had to manage your tyres, but you've not always had to give them a massage and play pan pipes in the background while they sleep in order for them to last ... :(
disagree. I mean in 2012 lewis was very strong and consistent, but the car let him down. Many ppl seem to have forgotten he had 6 dnfs, 3 of those races he was leading, serious problems with his car, remember the race he finished with astro turf under his car? Plus he had a pole position taken from him too. That is a massive amount of points lost.

How many drivers in a new car have shown their best form straight away? How many drivers new to a team have dominated their teammate? Alonso, vettel and Kimi seem to need number 1 status. When Kimi didn't get it at ferrari massa beat him. When alonso didn't get it at mclaren, Lewis beat him. Also which one of those drivers have beaten 2 wc teammates. It still astonishes me, when ppl still questions lewis's ability. The fact is, nico had a better feel for the car, from day 1. His performances in the rain prove this, and yet, when it comes to Quali head to head, podium head to head, race head to head lewis comes out on top. He should have come out on top,on race wins too.
And this is a lewis who believes he underperformed.

Methinks that with Martin Whitmarsh tipping Mercedes for getting it on in 2014, a Lewis Hamilton reviewing his own performance and aiming to up his game just might add a psychological edge as well. Nico is no slow coach and, IMHO (for whatever that's worth) Merc's driver pairing looks like being the strongest on the grid. If Ferrari get their act together maybe, just maybe, we'll get a closer fist fight between the top teams. I truly hope so anyway.

Last edited:
I don't think people are doubting him, other than some who consistently knock him regardless of performance, some are just pointing out their opinions on some of the key reasons why he hasn't been as successful as he was initially with McLaren. IMO he's had a pretty good season this year, GB could easily have been a win if he hadn't had a blowout, and Sao Paulo would have been a lot stronger without his drive through. I like the fact that he feels he's underperformed by coming 4th in the WDC, it tells me that his hunger hasn't gone anywhere, just a lack of surety where to focus. Of course now that the new car is coming all bets are off on performance and everyone has to learn anew.

Lewis must be frustrated that he has not got a car to challenge Vettel/ Red Bull and chose some ill timed comments about not caring if he does not win another world title

I don;t think that will go down well with Mercedes who signed him to win the drivers title !

Rosberg has improved his status no doubt but he certainly needs to step up again in 2014 because someone might be whispering about getting Hulkenberg or Vettel in the team to Lauda

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone know if LH's new chassis had any upgrades or new ideas the team wanted to test prior to building the all-new car for 2014. Or is that type of thing illegal, and, if so, how is it policed?

Lewis must be frustrated that he has not got a car to challenge Vettel/ Red Bull and chose some ill timed comments about not caring if he does not win another world title

I don;t think that will go down well with Mercedes who signed him to win the drivers title !

I really can't see why Mercedes would be too upset with Lewis when he said, " we've just finished second in the Constructors Championship so of course we don't want to finish there next year, we want to make the next step," and " so for everyone and for me the target is to win the World Championship, both championships."......sounds like Lewis has a pretty positive outlook towards next season.

I'm not being pedantic (Well I am actually.) but isn't this the Lewis v Rosberg thread and yet nobody is talking about that they are talking about only Lewis and I'm pretty sure he has his own thread for that....

You may say "what does it matter" well it matters because when I bob in from time to time I want to read about the teammates not just one driver, if this carries on Lewis will have three threads all to himself this one the Merc one and his real one...

Last edited:
I think whatever Lewis had in his first two seasons in F1 he's lost maybe because he's been sidetracked by the fame and the glitz of the life style or maybe because his mentors are no longer with him whatever it was he had it seems to have deserted him because to me lately he just looks ordinary during a race he has still got the speed but that isn't enough and it is Nico that has looked the more racier and more hungry....

I'm not being pedantic, okay I am, but criticising, sorry critiquing Lewis in the majority of a post and mentioning Nico at the final moments with a throw away unsubstantiated comment in a last ditch effort to keep it on topic is only going to direct some comments a certain way...

Last edited:
I didn't say I haven't been guilty of it at times as have we all I'm just pointing it out in this instance and when I said Nico looked more racier this year that is my honest opinion it's not my fault if people don't like or get offended when they don't like what my opinions are I am after all allowed to have them, also trying to blame me for taking this thread off track is quite frankly fucking ridiculous....

Last edited:
Lewywo4 They did not pay Lewis to finish 4th in the drivers championship - they want the drivers and constructors titles and they have been waiting 60 years for them !

Compare to Alonso who still wants more drivers titles ... there is a fine line between optimism/ bullishness and being realistic and reducing expectations and therefore pressure but for Lewis to say it does not matter if I don;t win another world title on his salary he needs to be careful how he chooses those words otherwise he will just turn out like Schumacher - employed for the wrong reasons just pure marketing

- there will be plenty of hungry and younger drivers after him who want to be world champion

Mercedes did not run a full factory grand prix team unless they want titles - they are still bosses on the company board who will persistently ask is investing in F1 worth the amount of money for the coverage they are getting when they could just concentrate on DTM and do Endurance series racing which are cheaper

Back
Top Bottom