Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Here's a few images from the 2013 Malaysian meeting, just 1 race into their F1 adventure together.

336985917-84832132013.jpg

353835058-351362132013.jpg

18185595-5727102532013.jpg

18185595-5020102532013.jpg

You'd have to admit that if they came out of repeated Title battles as great friends then they probably weren't battling that hard anyway. They'll likely become closer again once they stop racing against each other in Silver cars.

I find thag phonecall from toto wolff to jos to calm max down as utterly ridiculous & quite paranoid, as bad as red bull & vettel were at times you never heard vettel in 2012 saying webber & senna shouldve gave him more room because he was going for world championship. Because they know you race as hard in abu dhabi as hard as you do in Melbourne can you imagine that in football, already relegated teams not being allowed to tackle teams going for promotion.

Although i found the polar opposite comments from Lewis & rosbergs very interesting no matter how much he is trying to suppressing it, he is human as tension is prying on his mind. As lewis said that i dont owe drivers any favours & they dont owe me any favours whereas nico was wanting other drivers to be half gear off & aware of situation

So a 12 point gap going into the last race. A Lewis win may not be enough. Surely they should do something different in the last race of a season like, I dunno, double points?

(Quickly going to run and hide!)

More so that engine failure at Malaysia while comfortably leading, and with only 16 laps to go. Without that engine lunching itself, Lewis would now be leading the championship.

Or that time he ate all his Easter eggs on the Easter Sunday and had none left during the week.

Come on guys neither of them will regret anything. racing drivers aren't programmed that way.

At the time it was considered a savvy ploy, but with Hamilton piling on the penalties in Belgium, Rosberg was given an open goal after the summer break. And after having won the four GP going into the break, the tides clearly turned against Lewis again following Spa.

Second guessers may say it would have been wise to let them come back from the break on even footing.

They were quite chummy in the room before the podium in Brazil, maybe Nico is not feeling quite such a second class citizen. It will be interesting to see how they react to one another after Abu Dhabi.

The 8 points he binned in Azerbaijan from his qualifying 'performance' would have put him in the zone where a victory would be the title. So would the 7 from Monza or Melbourne. Don't go thinking it's just Sepang; he could have won this regardless. He may yet.

Back
Top Bottom