Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

SOme interesting stats for Rosberg at the moment

i) No driver has not won the world championship after winning 4 races in a row

ii) He is the most successful non world championship driver with 22 wins which is 6 more than Stirling Moss - in other words any driver who has won 20 races more has been a world champion

iii) The most races won by any driver without becoming a world champion has been 7 by Raikkonen 2005 . Schumacher 2006, and Prost 1985 and 1988. So winning 8 races and not winning the world title would be some unwanted stat seeing that is how many Senna (1988), Hill (1996) and Hakkinen (1998) won to become world champions

So for him not to win the title would take some herculean effort from another driver to deny him with all these records

won by any driver without becoming a world champion has been 7 by Raikkonen 2005 . Schumacher 2006, and Prost 1985 and 1988. So winning 8 races and not winning the world title would be some unwanted stat seeing that is how many Senna (1988), Hill (1996) and Hakkinen (1998) won to become world champions
you are quite right... but, there has never been a so long season 8-)
i mean.. 8 wins out of 16 races is 50% but 8 out of 21 isn't far from 33%:thinking:

mrk-cj94 8 races is still a massive number of victories in a season and to not win the title especially when you' have the best car well I don;t think many drivers will get a better chance than that

SOme interesting stats for Rosberg at the moment

i) No driver has not won the world championship after winning 4 races in a row

ii) He is the most successful non world championship driver with 22 wins which is 6 more than Stirling Moss - in other words any driver who has won 20 races more has been a world champion

iii) The most races won by any driver without becoming a world champion has been 7 by Raikkonen 2005 . Schumacher 2006, and Prost 1985 and 1988. So winning 8 races and not winning the world title would be some unwanted stat seeing that is how many Senna (1988), Hill (1996) and Hakkinen (1998) won to become world champions

So for him not to win the title would take some herculean effort from another driver to deny him with all these records
on i): There will be one driver this year who will break that 'record', since both Hamilton and Rosberg have won 4 in a row this season

on ii): technically Mansell still holds that record in my book, since he clinched his first world championship after winning 29 races.

on iii): with Hamilton already having won 6 races, it's likely he will get more than 7 racewins this season as well, so I'm pretty sure this is another 'record' that will be broken this year

So no herculean effort at all. With 6 races to go, and 8 points between Rosberg and Hamilton, it can go either way.

The stats you're pointing at in i) and iii) can easily be broken this year, due to the dominance of Mercedes and the fact that they have drivers that are pretty evenly matched.
mrk-cj94 8 races is still a massive number of victories in a season and to not win the title especially when you' have the best car well I don;t think many drivers will get a better chance than that
The problem is that the teammate has the same car. Barrichello had a chance several times, he was just nowhere near Schumacher.

Wombcat Schumacher had it written in his contract he was no 1 and Todt duly obliged although sometimes I feel Rubens could have not moved over because at the end of the day they cant take away his win if he did not break a rule

But Rosberg has won a lot of races and many chances he won't get again you feel . So far a lot of the races have been down to that the Mercedes starts and unreliability has been woeful and costly for Hamilton so he's never challenged

BUT the last two races he's shown on race day he was the fastest driver around the track which should be commended

The first person that any driver, regardless of how dominant his or her car is, should be looking to beat is their teamate. They've got the same equipment as you and are therefore the person you can really be measured against.

In motorsport the most difficult question to assess is how much is the man and how much is the car. Between teammates that line is almost invisible due to the fact they both have the same kit.

Yes there will be times when one driver is favoured with mods and upgrades but even in those circumstances we've seen what a number 2 can do.

It will be an intriguing end to the season (thankfully).

It's a strange thing the 2 of them have going on. They have a period of dominance putting together a run of winning weekends, where the other guy fails to look even a little threatening, then they loose the plot and it switches.

So Rosberg had the first block, Hamilton the next block (1 blip) now Rosberg is back on it. Question is how long can he make it last.

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 13.27.58.png

Although the Merc dominance is trying me some what we do at least have a cracking fight for the driver championship.

Back
Top Bottom