Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Nice graphic from the beeb. Lewis Hamilton v Nico Rosberg: How the 2016 title may be decided

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 13.05.28.png

Kind of on the similar point above, even though i believe Rosberg got this title in the bag as just seems like destiny. how much do you think it play on rosberg mind that the last Rosberg failed to finish to mechanical fault was 11th October 2015 when he had a throttle problem

History of battles for F1 title before this year:
  • The battle for the title in the last race of the season - 28 times
  • The battle for the title in the last race of the season between teammates - 9 times
1) Title had got teammate who had more points before the race - 5 times
(1956 - Fangio, 1959 - Brabham, 1967 - Hulme, 1984 - Lauda, 2014 - Hamilton)
2) Title had got teammate who had less points before the race - 2 times
(1950 - Farina, 2010 - Vettel)
3) Title didn't get teammates but the other driver - 2 times
(1986 - Prost against Mansell/Piquet, 2007 - Raikkonen against Hamilton/Alonso)​

If Max is anywhere close to him, which at this circuit doesn't seem to me to be very likely, Nico just lets him go, no? Likewise the car will presumably be run in an ultra safe mode.

I can't see a DNF, and Rosberg can let one Red Bull through and still be the champ. Struggling too Galahad.

I think it's all about the start, and only Rosberg can beat himself. A bad start - fourth or worse into turn one and we may have a race on.

He has to DNF, I find it difficult to believe he won't get on the podium. It's not a first corner that particularly lends itself to unpredictability.

The only way otherwise is if Red Bull are Singapore-style competitive and both beat him. However, even if that happens, they'll probably go for the win with a split strategy and one of them will finish fourth.

I'm struggling to see how he loses it. Anyone?

Im big lewis fan & the fact it will be bone dry. Mercedes will on outright pace easily finish on the podium. All he has to is attack in qualifying. As only complacent qualifying on the 2nd row letting a red bull would nake it tricky but it highly unlikely he would ever get outqualified by both red bulls

Without wanting to bring trump into this. I found a great stat on sky sports f1 theyve said basically saud statically Rosberg has a 80% chance of winning the world championship. Clinton had 85% chance on election night of beating trump

Difference though is that the WDC won't be decided by voting, but by points. If it was by voting, Max would be WDC ;)

Also, that statistically Rosberg has a 80% chance, doesn't mean that he is going to be champion, Just that it is more likely. Which it is, because there are only a few results in which Hamilton will be WDC, while there are a lot more in which Rosberg will be.

And neither does Trump winning the election, while Clinton had a 85% chance now mean that Hamilton will win because he faces similar odds. Just like all the 'stats' that winning a particular race, or winning 4 in a row are meaningless in predicting the outcome of te WDC.

I'm sorry but you might as well use the chance of rain as a measure against Ros vs Ham, or the prospect of finding shale gas in Siberia, or the odds of a white Christmas in the highlands of Scotland. It's apples and pears. They don't relate to each other. An election won by voting has no relation to a race won by a driver in an F1 car.

Next!

Back
Top Bottom