Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Saw a comment today from Toto about there being no number one driver. While that may be true from a team orders perspective, at the end of the day the guy you pay the most to is your number one driver ...

"After the chequered flag I looked at the results," said Belgian Grand Prix race-winner Nico Rosberg. "I knew Daniel [Ricciardo] was behind me and then I saw 'HAM' in P3 and I was like, 'What? Seriously?!"

fail.gif

I knew he was shocked to see him in the pre podium room. Apart from the usual deadly silence between them, Rosberg as race winner was very unhappy.

Titch - He's a beaten man. A win in any circumstances should be enough for wild celebrations, but he spent his time thinking about how Lewis got to P3, how Lewis only lost 10 points, how Lewis...

Nico Rosberg knows he cannot and will not beat Lewis Hamilton in a straight fight. Seeing him in 3rd meant the hopes he'd had on Sunday morning, of striking a blow in a possibly crooked fight, were dashed. A true champion would be ready just to beat him at Monza, and be utterly untroubled by him going 21st to 3rd.

I'm kinda surprised that he was surprised. After all Hamilton was already in 3rd place quite some laps before the finish. So he could have known. I can understand he wouldn't want to know during the race, but in the last lap he could have been informed/have aksed where Hamilton was.

Meh, it's a shortened warm down lap, IMO that would have been the time to ask if Rosberg wanted to, although that could be perceived as weakness, in the final laps his job was to focus on the task at hand. I'm not sure if/why he would be shocked that Hamilton came third, Hamilton pulled into the 3rd podium parking spot right in front of him, so unless there's a secret additional Merc driver out there Hamilton's position should have been clear.

Back
Top Bottom