Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Destroyed the room eh?

Maybe the room had the wrong Banner in it?
Bill-Bixby-04.jpg

"Destroying the room" even if it is true is personal deal of Hamilton.
Same reaction only mean that racing is very important for Hamilton.
Who believes that it is stupid and are watching race probably not very smart himself.

Lauda's game not only against Hamilton but against team.

I think Lauda doesn't consider the team implications he bases his comments more on what he expects from drivers. The trouble is that he still thinks like a driver from the 70's and talks like one as well.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, and Lauda must bring a useful perspective to the team for him to be entrenched there so deeply. Toto, Niki, Paddy, Lewis and Nico - all different and all interesting personalities (for the record I find Lewis utterly dull to listen to unless he's upset, but his on-track action makes up for that). Lewis and Nico should do everything they can to stay with that winning team, and not crash for at least a few races!

Last edited:
Given that Rosberg has yet to win a straight wheel to wheel with Hamilton and appears to revert to Schumacher esque driving. He's got to ask himself if I don't beat him I may not get another chance

Someone mentioned Rubens - yes the guy was stupid after being done two years in a row in Austria thinking he would be the chosen one and wasted 6 years being No 2

I have to say the translation on the video sounded like a total bastardisation of what sounded like light hearted chit chat.

Last edited:
I think Niki Lauda should retire, or zip his mouth up. Or had he been on the bottle?

Nothing that he said about Hamilton could be misconstrued, so what is true and what is a lie? His original statement or the retraction. Either way he's stirring things up. Maybe this weekend Hamilton should rock on round to Niki's motorhome and do the decent thing, destroy it.

The original quote was, ""I was there when he smashed his room in Baku because he had hit the wall. Of course he paid for the damage himself."

That doesn't sound made up, or able to be misconstrued. So maybe he did smash it up, or at least break something. Great! This championship is sooooo much better for the tension between Lewis and Nico, and the potential for more drama. With 12 races left it's almost inconceivable that they won't hit each other again. We must cherish these failings, applaud these tantrums and cheer every bit of loose talk we hear. Zip his mouth up?? Give the man a microphone!

Has anyone done any math around whether Hamilton can realistically win the championship given his engine situation? What would it take?

I don't think that the engine position will change things that much. Even starting from the back of the grid a Mercedes driver has a very good chance of standing on the podium.

Back
Top Bottom