Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Joking about paying for Bottas spa treatment which was a large bit of that section.

Of course he's hoping for someone to get between him and Hamilton, it's his only chance to win the WDC. It's perfectly factual and I see nothing wrong with that.

It'll be like Massa 2008, he did everything right but that alone won't be enough without a fuck up from Hamilton (or mechanical).

The only possible way Rosberg can win the WDC and it be 'okay' with the fans is if Hamilton makes a catastrophic human error.

Well if you look at it this way, the Baron in the castle may lock the gates to keep the peasents out but at the same time, his Lordship will lock the gaurds in. That's how you can lock out and still desert.

Ooer, you're in the Navy aren't you? I've heard about what you lot get up to, rum, bum and baccy and I don't smoke any longer. I'll come as long as I can remain seated at all times.LOL

Oh, well I've seen that. Hardly pure nastiness, he was clearly joking.

Well I stand by what I said. It didn't come across as a joke to me. It certainly wasn't "nice", I think he was trying to freak out his team mate.
But as long as the race is clean, the winner will be the winner, and whoever that is will be fine. I just want to see racing on the track,not mind games off it.
This isn't boxing.

He was asked a question Titch, he answered it and tried to add a bit of humour. It's only mind games if that's how you perceive them. I'm not sure why you think he needs to be 'nice'?

Given some of the outbursts Lewis has made about Nico over the course of the season I think Rosberg's restraint should be commended.

Q: But would it be within ‘team rules’ to try and slow down Lewis to give one of the Williams the chance to pass?
NR:
That is a question that touches internal agreements, so no answer to that one.

Interesting response... :thinking:
I take that to mean backing your team mate into the opposition and losing a 1-2 finish is not permissible.

Rosberg slows whilst keeping Hamilton behind him. Then comes a DRS zone where Rosberg has to take a flyer out of the corner and defend his position. Hamilton obviously has DRS so no advantage to Bottas if he is in the 1 second zone.

Hardly likely that Rosberg would risk it and even less likely that Bottas would pick up a position.

Back
Top Bottom