Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

It would seem from the above article that the team has little to do with drivers winning races according to Mr Eccles (I am now giving him that name to shorten typing and not because he was a very famous man on the radio in the 1950s;)).

Just watching Brundle's feature on Sky in the pre-race build up.

Did he just say that he now thinks Rosberg's incident in Monaco was deliberate?

Martin Brundle said:
I said I'd always be suspicious but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Watching the footage over and over again, listening to murmurs coming out of the team, and subsequent events made me change my mind.

It really wasn't clear what he meant so hopefully he will clarify it if asked again.

It's a shame that's not how the stewards make their decisions then isn't it ;)

In all seriousness though, it will all be forgotten when Hamilton takes the title tomorrow.

It's not unusual for stewards to make a mistake, which many believe they did as far as that incident is concerned.
Of course they're never going to admit that after the fact.

I still stand by my original assessment.

I can only remember Derek Warwick admitting they got it wrong when they didn't penalise Schumacher at Monza (on Hamilton) a few years ago.

I agree and apologise for my flippancy.

I just don't want to believe that all proffesional sportsman at the top of their game are devious cheating gits. It's the old romantic in me.

As I said, come tomorrow afternoon, the whole thing will be a side bar issue in a long long season. Should the result go the other way, blimey, then we'll see the debate hot up as to where and how the championship was lost.

It would be even more ironic if Rosberg wins by virtue of double points such that it would have rendered the Monaco result meaningless.

There have been so many different macinations this season, there has been a sour note over-shadowing the whole thing. Not just from the Merc team but across the board.

In a way, I was hoping that Hamilton would crash out in the last race in Brazil (through his own fault), not because of any grudge against him, but because then Abu Dhabi would become a winner takes all showdown. (Irrespective of double points).

I don't like to use the word "deserve" because I firmly believe in almost all circumstances if you win the title you deserve the title. "The Jenson Button" principle as it's now known.

Having said that, Hamilton has ten wins to his name. Done the better job over most race weekends and in race pace has just been quicker.

Back
Top Bottom