Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Would it?

Then it's a case of the best driver wins, rather than strategy.
The strategy is decided in qualifying and almost cast in stone, and the kind of fowl up we saw in Hungary ensues. Were it not for Nico making errors it would be very different, were they allowed flexibility and privacy Nico may have different tools and opportunities to outwit Lewis. There are all sorts of variables and creative opportunities that are not being explored, exploited and shared with the intrigue thirsty F1 fans.

Last edited:
It's more like a facsimile of racing. Were they in different teams they would be utilising all the tools in the box. Exploring all the ways and means necessary to win or at least optimise their strengths and expose their opponents weaknesses.

Brogan Only in Austria has Rosberg beaten Hamilton fair and square. All other races this season he's either lost or had a significant advantage over Hamilton.

The fact that the Mercedes boss (Wolff), is saying that double points could mar the whole season speaks volumes about who he really thinks deserves to win the title when you consider the only possible beneficiary of double points is one of his drivers! (and only Rosberg)

Last edited:
It's a very similar problem to the one posed by DRS, it appears to answer the problem of overtaking on track but it is contrived and insipid.

I wonder if the strategy control between the two of them has been in place all season or has it been introduced after an incident such as Spa or (which race was it?) where Lewis was given a team order which (rightly in my opinion) he ignored on account of the fact he was over a minute up the road.

That was Hungary. Had Lewis been allowed to change his strategy and exploit his brand new sets of soft tyres he would have won that race from a pitlane start.

Last edited:
It's fascinating that Rosberg's only period of dominance this season is book ended by Monaco and Spa. With both races involving incidents between the two yet the outcome was different after each one.

Nah, I meant the outcome for the season over all. Right after the Champers bottles were emptied in Monaco, Hamilton was ranting to the point he was about to burst about lost friendships etc etc, this was followed by a down turn in his performances which was only lifted briefly by a home win (helped by his team mate recording a DNF while leading).

In the aftermath of Spa, in which Rosberg was found not guilty by everyone except his own team, Hamilton has gone on to dominate the next 5 races and kick any threat from Rosberg into the long grass on each occasion.

In the aftermath of Spa, in which Rosberg was found not guilty by everyone except his own team, Hamilton has gone on to dominate the next 5 races and kick any threat from Rosberg into the long grass on each occasion.
I for one most certainly did not find Nico not guilty! And I don't believe I am in a minority, and if there were more sane people in the World I'd be in a majority. That was an atrocious and inept example of wheel to wheel racing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom