Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I agree, snowy.

I would also say that I got much more enjoyment out of watching the amateurs competing at the Goodwood Revival than out of this entire F1 season, so far. Seeing people hanging the rear out on the turns, drafting to gain advantage etc. It was great, and in stark contrast to this season.

To be fair, one team dominating has been the hallmark of almost every season since around 2002.

The way the rules have been drawn up, testing bans, limited wind tunnel and super computer time, engine development freezes etc mean that no matter how much one team would love to pull their finger out. They simply can't. In the failed name of cost cutting the FIA has ruled that the finger may only be pulled out half an inch.

Mercedes is a corperate monster with three people running the show and two drivers on the brink of doing each other in all the time.

Unfortunately, quite true.
For me, F1 has been in decline for quite a while. If someone this year needs the "double point" BS to claim the WDC, it will be the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned.

"Lower" formula and other forms of racing provide me with much greater enjoyment (in the absolute sense, not just for the money) and, to me, showcase driving ability to a far greater extent.

Was nearly all doom and gloom for Lewis Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix but two races later he is back in the lead of the championship, it's amazing how quick the two drivers fortunes can change. Should make for an exciting last 5 races of the season.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often considering the complexity of the steering wheels these days. There's an awful lot of wire in them there looms. In fact, it may be that wiring failures in the looms are behind a lot of the occasions we see teams swapping out wheels. A complete failure is a new one to us but may not be new behind the closed doors of "the garage".

So. let's recap.

Two races ago, after racing contact, both Toto and an Austrian known as "the Rat" were incensed at Rosberg, threatening punishment and demanding apologies.

Then last race, Rosberg does a move even Sir Jackie Stewart deemed inexplicable, and now Rosberg has a wiring loom Failure?!!!

Coincidence?

I think the FIA should impound Nico's car and do a complete analysis just to clear the air.

May be. But I guarantee you that there will be a large number of people that don't think so. That's why I think the FIA should investigate.

Personally, I don't care either way, but some folks seem to live and die by this trivial endeavor, so questions will be raised.:unsure:

Last edited:
I would love the failure on Nico's car to be part of a conspiracy to stop him winning the WDC, but it was just his turn to have a problem. More worryingly for him, he seems defeated anyway. His body language in the last two races shows he doesn't think he will win it, and I believe that is part of his punishment for the (racing) incident at Spa - an agreement that Lewis becomes WDC this year in order to keep his place on the team. All he has left is to prove his pace by getting pole positions, hence his response when Lewis jut pipped him yesterday.

I expected a more annoyed Rosberg than we saw today.

Back
Top Bottom