Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

It's just not clear if that's the only driver who requested that info.

Wouldn't be the first time if broadcasters don't tell the whole story. In the worldchampionship cycling of 1979 the broadcaster (dutch TV) showed images of Jan Raas being towed uphill by his teammates in the first laps of the race. What they didn't show was that other teams were doing the same with their teamleader.

There is no way we can tell if they don't filter it.

One example crackled over the TV-transmitted radio on Friday at Monza, when championship leader Nico Rosberg asked his Mercedes engineer Tony Ross: "Give me driving instructions."
If the radio was crackly how do we know that is what he said he could just as easily have said.

Don't give me driving instructions.

Also did anyone actually read past that part? because it sounds as if you think Nico is being singled out but Alonso was mentioned as well when his race engineer said.

"take another line in turn 10"

Last edited:
Thread tidied up as it was all getting a bit silly. Can we all please try and not over react to what is obviously meant to be taken in an ironic or tongue in cheek manner.

Thanks

FB

:cheer:Good one then Hamberg! :thumbsup: It's funny because he's NOT actually the devil! >:( Or was it that the voice was 'crackly' like the antichrist? So many angles to explore! :snigger:

As for this thread, I'll just come out and say it. If Lewis Hamilton does not retire from another GP this year, he will win the World Championship. I cannot say the same for Nico Rosberg, he will need some more help.

I'm not so sure KekeTheKing , if Mercedes finish 1-2 for the rest of the season then Hamilton can only afford to be beaten by Rosberg once in the remaining races, and that race can't be Abu Double.

I want Lewis to do it but that's a difficult task to say the least because Rosberg is a very good driver. A retirement for Rosberg at Singapore would even up the championship nicely and make it a fair fight for the last 5 races.

I sincerely hope neither retire for the rest of the year, but that is going to be very, very difficult to achieve for a number of reasons.
As for the points, it's really like we have 7 races remaining. And all Lewis has to do is reduce the gap by 8 points over the next 5 GP to make it a winner take all event in Abu Dhabi. I'm expecting several more twists and turns however.

If Lewis wins all 5 races remaining before Abu Dhabi the gap will reduce by 35 points (Lewis 13 points in front), 4 wins and it's reduced by 21 points (Lewis 1 point behind), 3 wins and it's reduced by 7 points (Lewis 15 points behind). So like I said in the next 5 races he can only afford to be beaten by Rosberg once and then he has to win Abu Dhabi as well, which won't be easy.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume we're in for a long string of 1-2's. Especially considering the nature of Singapore where basically anything can happen.

In 2009 Hamilton was essentially gifted a Pole Position on heavy fuel when Barrichello put his Brawn in the wall near the end of Qualifying. And the race with its SC potential could be a crap-shoot.

I have a hard time imagining a scenario where Mercedes don't experience another terminal failure for the remainder of the year. Imagining 6 straight 1-2's is even more difficult for me. But even if that somehow happens, I know who I'd put my money on.

It all depends on how much the radio ban is got around. If the FIA actually get on top of that, then that is a grenade thrown into the order, could see some drivers suffer and some gain massively. And we don't really know who is in which group!

I can quite easily at least one mercedes driver running out of fuel (with the radio ban) if they aren't given updates from the pit and what are the relative drivers like for number of engines left? Surely Lewis is on a stickier wicket than Nico engine-wise?

It's looking more and more likely the WDC will be decided by the stupid double points <grrr> or an engine change penalty.

I'm actually looking forward to Singapore as both drivers seem to do well at that circuit & it should be a good straight fight (assuming Nico doesn't do a Monaco or Spa <ducks for cover!>)

surely the potential is there for a driver to over stretch the engine now without the team radio telling them to switch settings. If one is behind, they may max the engine more to pass.

It's about time that Williams, RBR and even Ferrari started challenging Mercedes! They have got to pull their fingers out and put an end to Mercedes 1, 2 fuck you mental state! Without the other cars intervening and shaking up Nico, Lewis and Mercedes they are going to process to an inglorious hollow Championship. Something other than qualifying position, race strategy, fortune or misfortune should decide this Championship.

Either that or the contest between these two needs to move to another level, where both are able to show their strengths and weaknesses. The Championship should go to the driver with the biggest cojones! The one who is prepared to keep his ultimate pace off the telemetry until race day. The one who is prepared to disregard team orders and invent his own strategy to bamboozle, confound and disadvantage his team mate.

Start a race on the hard compound from 8th on the grid, change tyres four times, run the race with the maximum amount of fuel. Do something utterly different, spectacular and unexpected! :bangfists:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom