Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Maybe they could cut costs by getting rid of some of this exotic telemetry. Let them keep stuff about temperatures and oil pressure etc. because that's been around long enough.

Or they could have lights in the cockpit if the temperatures and other parameters are outside thresholds.

Data can only be downloaded from the car while it is stopped in the pit lane.

notice the mind games with Rosberg speaking Italian to Massa and calling Lewis the other car during the race

I just want to know when Lewis starts doing what Senna did to Prost when he was labelled " The Frenchmen" as their rivalry heated up

Valentino Rossi use to acknowledge rivals by using their last name rather than their first name

So just wondering if Lewis would start saying " The half Finn or the European or the multinational !"

I thought it was rosbergs' engineer that called Hamilton 'the other car'. Besides that, how is that a mindgame. It's not like Hamilton could hear it during the race.

You're missing my point. It's only mindgames if it's meant to unstabilize the other guy. Lewis couldn;t hear it, so he won't be affected during the race.
Maybe after the race he found out, but then it'll be just a good laugh for him.

The idiots at Mercedes are planning how best to prolong the discord between their two drivers. Insisting upon pursuing their policy of "fairness and transparency" and not allowing either of their drivers to express their own personality on the race track.

Toto Wolff is determined to work around the new rules restricting radio messages:
"This is a complex and controversial decision which will require a significant effort from the teams to understand how best we can work around it," said Wolff in a team preview on Friday

The default for F1, they don't ask: "How can we work within these rules?" They always ask: "How can we subvert these rules?"

In this case the outcome of this default attitude will have the continued undesirable consequence of twisting and perverting the WDC. As their drivers continue to produce undifferentiated lap times and performance.

Last edited:
You'd assume given Rosberg is the intelligent driver and Hamilton being gung-ho that Rosberg would fair better under these circumstances, but I have to say I now believe the tales of Hamilton not being able to manage his tyres as crap, his fuel consumption is very good and he's seemingly more willing to counter team 'advice' during a race.

This will suit Hamilton.

Most of the friving advice is given in free practice and qualification. So they will just give it in the pits now, off-radio.
During the race, most of the radiotraffic which the FIA now sees as drivingaid, is about settings, and I'm pretty sure that's about even for all the drivers. So I don't think it will harm any driver more than another.

We have to be cautious regarding the editing though both of who they choose to air and what part they choose to air. This is FOM entertainment after all.

Mercedes management, over-zealous Hammy fans, and now the FOM have really been working overtime in order to portray the Championship leader in the worst possible light. That's the only possible explanation.

Well we've all know for a long time that we only hear a very small portion of the radio traffic.

I'm just saying the insinuation that FOM has decided to single out a certain driver to make an example of is certainly not a part of their gameplan. If one driver requests the exact info they are trying to prohibit, then it becomes quite clear why they've played the message.

Back
Top Bottom