Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Well that's interesting.

The FIA have just finalised the results so unless the FIA choose to investigate I can't see them changing.

I wonder what point it was Rosberg was trying to prove.

As far as I can tell it's only Lewis clamiing that Nico crashed into him deliberately. Toto etc. are saying Nico's driving regarding the incident was unacceptable but aren't actually concurring with what Lewis said, are they?
Lewis risks alienating himself from the team if they think he's going too far with these claims.

I've thought Lewis was going back to McLaren for a while now anyway!

The team are saying the interpretation is wrong, Rosberg deliberately left his nose in but didn't deliberately cause an incident. Although how you could have the former without the latter I don't know. The irony IMO is that in the last race Hamilton defended far harder, as he actually had to do and which Rosberg said was fine - paraphrasing "it's the overtaker's job to get past cleanly" - , this time he hardly defended as he shouldn't have needed to and Rosberg failed to lift adequately, or perhaps exactly adequately, depending on your perspective...

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. All they need is an FIA investigation and Rosberg sanctioned and the fur would really fly.

the FIA will not investigate Rosberg unless the team intervenes or puts a protest which will further fan the flames

If successful then Nico might be disqualified or at least get a grid penalty

I'd agree with that. All they need is an FIA investigation and Rosberg sanctioned and the fur would really fly.

I think Lewis is right to blow the whistle and he should ask the FIA to investigate. Under oath what was said in that meeting will come out, and it won't be favorable to Rosberg.

Back
Top Bottom