Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Its the driver behind 's responsibility to take avoiding action in the first place

Firstly Nico was never really alongside Lewis so should have backed off and when he last time he tried to go around the outside in Bahrain - that line did not work then so why would it work now in Spa

Last edited:
Lewis taking the lead at the race start may have un-settled Rosberg, which could have played a part in Nico conducting a very poorly executed passing attempt. At the time Rosberg wasn't in any positin to make a successful pass.

https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/503566003838930944
Expect fireworks from within Mercedes after Lewis claims that in an internal team meeting, Nico admitted hitting Lewis on purpose
https://twitter.com/willbuxton/status/503566128166494208
I don't have the exact quotes, but Lewis just told the print press that Nico admitted in debrief he deliberately hit him to prove a point.

I find that hard to believe. But you never know.
What point would Rosberg be wanting to make? That he should be compared to Senna and Hamilton to Prost?

I think all are confusing F1 racing with insurance road car rules. If that is the case I am going to drive a 'lot' faster!

I suspect that point is that if Hamilton keeps closing the door, then he will keep his car in it, and allow an accident to take place

Or Hamilton is just stirring (a la Monaco 2007)

Now who was the master of mind games previously? Ah yes, Mr Alonso.

I would hope that it is not true - because Nico is not that devious and, hopefully, nor is Lewis!

Last edited:
I was just thinking about the fact that Rosberg has been nearly impeccable in those situations throughout his career (Knowing when a space was going to disappear). The one today seemed so careless. Now we possibly know why.

Nico has just signed a new contract Wombcat so these allegations if true will not do his credibility any good but can Mercedes really sack him then?
In most professions this would be enough to get sacked on the spot. Imagine you screwing something up and saying to your boss "yeah, I did on purpose."

Back
Top Bottom