Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

All they actually needed was to keep their business to themselves - who breached that idea first?

I genuinely don't know, but am beginning to find it all a bit bloody childish.

If there had been any infringement of the rules then there would have been a penalty - is the first lap steward-free or the first two laps? I know many here are in protest with the FIA stewardship and it's inconsistency, but it is all there is currently.

To all who offer up 'whistle-blowing', flogging and torture to extract truth - whatever that may be - I would say it is JUST racing!

It is fun. It has history. It is innovative and technologically advanced. The drivers, well most, thrill us with their skills and expertise - it is still just racing; a personal obsession no more.

Sorry, I'm losing the will to live.

Hitting people? Heaven forfend!

I know what you're saying, but why can't folks just enjoy the racing now and then without entering into a discussion about tactics, strategy, personality and bloody history? And just being horrid to each other?

It is strange isn't it. In the glory days of "the other place" there used to be more arguments and aggression on the F1 boards than on the football boards and, given the propensity of football fans to hit first and ask questions after, you have to wonder why this happens in F1 discussions.

Indeed not Il_leone but the passion in F1 discussions is often more aggressive (maybe not the right word) than it often is in football, which is far more tribal.

Has Rosberg actually explained what point he was making? It seems to me to be a strange way of doing it. Two cars at speeds of ...well at the very least 180mph... deliberately colliding.. to make a point, is a little suicidal, to say the least.
If I was his new wife, I might be a little on the troubled side at the moment.

Titch - the criticisms labelled against Rosberg are the same that Button was labelled

- Not in the same league as Lewis
- Not as talented as Lewis
- Cannot beat Lewis in a straight fight ( all his wins have been when Lewis has hit a problem or in Monaco through dubious tactics)
- Not as fast as Lewis

So what Nico wanted to prove today was he could win the race by overtaking Lewis and therefore deserves to be world champion leader

I'd suggest a mechanical problem that causes Nico to be unable to participate in P1 and/or P2 next race ...

It's very bad situation for team.
It's is good that they have more points reserve in the championship to survive this bad period in the season.

Maybe Lewis could go to the police and say that someone ..in a fit of road rage, tried to kill him.... ( Of course I'm not serious, just making a point). But if Rosberg has really said that it was a deliberate action, then it can't go unpunished, it was dangerous and stupid.

Back
Top Bottom