Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Nico Rosberg always reminded me of Button, and that impression has not been dispelled.

He's good, very good.

Here is the comparison between Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button during their first 30 races together at McLaren. It's pretty clear that Rosberg is on another level far ahead of Jenson Button.

Hamilton_VS_Button.jpg

In qualifying indeed he is. There is something wrong with that statistic thouogh, because I'm pretty sure Hamilton had more than 1 pole position and that Button had one. And that they have had more races than 29 in those three years. And more wins and points.

But it accurate though it terms of their first 30 races together. Hamilton's second pole came in the 35th race of his pairing with Button and Jenson's first pole for McLaren was at Spa a year after that.

His name has never been whispered in the legendary annals of the top three though has it..;)

Yes but Kimi Raikkonen's hss so frankly I think the whispers are talking a big pile of crap.

I'll admitt it I was a Nico Rosberg sceptic and once laid a bet he would never win a Grand Prix. Obviously I was wrong about that but I can't say I'm completely over ny scepticism. I still think he has under performed before this season and I still think he didn't have a great second half of the season last year. However there are drivers who have that killer instinct and raise aboce themselves when they suddenly find they are in the best car. Nico Rosberg certainly looks like he has that.

The thing with Lewis Hamilton is that he gets massive plaudits as a driver for the way he can charge through the field etc but I can't help but feel he'd be far better off without the plaudits and winning boringly from the front. Like Senna. His luck doesn't seem to run that way though.

make a better analysis when this season is over please

Button ended up finishing some 40 pts ahead of Hamilton in his second season and out scored him in the podiums something like 12 - 6

When comparing Button vs Hamilton - you are comparing him on his 2nd season at Mclaren vs Lewis who was in his 5th season

against Rosberg vs Hamilton - you are comparing them on 5th season of Mercedes against 2nd season

Rosberg so far has done better than I though but I am expecting Hamilton to really turn it up the second half of the season - Rosberg has not won at any of the tracks and only has podiums at Abu Dhabi and Singapore

Last edited:
Bill Boddy Wombcat
Yes he never won at any of them because he's never had the car to do it

He should have won in Singapore 2009 but he ran wide out of his pit stop

We know Lewis is good on all the tracks left apart from Brazil and Japan- which appears to be jinx tracks for him as he has not won at those

We don't know just how good Rosberg will be - his 2nd half of the season at Mercedes have tended to tail off from previous years although he will put it down to the car

the unknown track is Russia

I'm sorry are you saying that if a driver has never won at a track then that makes it a "Jinx" track for them??? Really, honestly, truthfully come on be honest your just making this shit up now aren't you? I seem to remember Lewis starting in a lowly grid position of 17th in 2009 at Brazil and coming through to finish on the podium, doesn't sound like a "Jinx" track for him to me...

Last edited:
I don't believe in such things as jinxes, but starting from 17th and finishing 3rd is making good of a bad situation. It's certainly not the ideal.

He did win the title there, which will give him good memories.

The winners' list at Intelagos hasn't had a lot of champions on it for a while; Alonso has not won there yet.

Hamilton has been weak at Suzuka relative to his usual high standards.

Back
Top Bottom