Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Bets changed strongly now if compare with start of season.
For example take williamhill.com rates
March 2014:
LH – 9/4
NR – 11/2

August 2014:
LH = NR = 5/6

At the end of the season we will have an interesting duel.
It is not bad.

Hamilton was leading the race last year when Hülkenberg crashed into him and forced him to retire.

I am afraid that you are confused, the year he was hit by Hulk was 2012 not 2013. Last year he got confused and had an incident with Bottas.

Suppose it all comes down to the last race of the season, Rosberg leads by 26 points. A lap from the end Hamilton leads with Rosberg second. Since the drivers are against double points should Hamilton let Rosberg through or should he carry on in the lead?

I fail to see how anything changes in that scenario. A driver can only claw back 14 points in a 1-2 finish.

The real danger that the Mercedes drivers face in the finale is a DNF. That is the only way I can foresee an unfair finish.

Bill Boddy I don;t think Lewis will say NO to winning the world championship

The rules have been set in stone by then you can't change it at the 11th hour ( here is me thinking back to the medals system when the teams pointed out to Bernie they had a right to disagree with the rules within 20 days and left him red faced back in 2009)

Bernie will point out that he made the rules so Hamilton had a chance to be champion and did not take it and that he was right

Even if you say it was 50/50 Jen it cost Hamilton a potential 25 points and Rosberg only a maximum of 7pts, so the outcome is far from 50/50 even if the incident was (and when you look at the reactions of the fans, pundits and even Mercedes staff the incident wasn't 50/50...)

Last edited:
Indeed, but Hamilton scored nothing and Rosberg got 18. They both had the potential for 25 points, so nots let have any driver bias here please.

So do you watch F1 for racing for the points pot or for the actual racing.

I prefer the latter

Lauda and Wolff very upset with Rosberg. One of them (forgot which one) made a very important point about Rosberg's move, pointing out that he was doing it on the rev' limiter which was bad for the car. It was bad enough that the error put one of them out but it could have put both of them out. Golden rule isn't it? You don't prang into your team-mate.

Last edited:
BvzvMnIIYAA1-Xo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom