Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I agree, JEV seemed pretty quick until the tyres went, I'd say it's the characteristics of the circuit that made overtaking difficult until then.

Agree.

I also thnk races like this one show how much a more deserving champion Hamilton is over Rosberg. It hacks me off to no end that reliability, penalty rules on engine and gearbox swaps, and the stupid points system will almost certainly hand the championship to the slower and less deserving driver. This is why F1 is unpopular.

Just because someone is faster doesn't make him more deserving.

Was he faster? I thought he just raced better. Nico seemed faster to me.
Hamilton

25 2:10.026
26 2:08.959
27 1:30.493
28 1:29.608
29 1:29.178
30 1:29.594
31 1:29.144
32 1:29.656
33 1:28.423
34 1:28.942
35 1:27.540
36 1:27.380
37 1:27.948
38 1:28.095
39 P 1:31.255

Rosberg

25 2:10.729
26 2:09.733
27 1:29.996
28 1:29.595
29 1:29.265
30 1:29.463
31 1:29.225
32 P 1:32.683
33 1:48.167
34 1:29.045
35 1:27.642
36 1:28.978
37 1:29.517
38 1:28.708
39 1:29.390

I think I communicated the wrong context.

I also thnk races like this one show how much a more deserving champion Hamilton is over Rosberg.

Just because someone is faster doesn't make him more deserving.

Josh, reply to bellow so as not to elongate the discussion. What I'm trying to say is that your response is not relevant. Nobody said that if someone is faster they are more deserving to win. However, if someone is better, then that is much the case. Hamilton has driven better than Rosberg this year. He deserves to be ahead. However, he has to live with where he's at and look forward from there.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced at all by those who claim Merc should have pitted Hamilton for softs in his last stint.
Even though he was on the mediums he did run out of tyres near the end so how would he have made the softs last any longer without having to stop?
Alonso took a gamble and it nearly paid off, so the Ferrari was clearly less hungry on its tyres today.

Was he given a move over instruction or was he told not to block him from overtaking? I heard the latter and I didn't see Hamilton block Rosberg at any stage during that period, Rosberg was a full second behind and showed no signs of getting close enough to overtake. Is there a suggestion that he should have deliberately slowed down to let Rosberg through?? If so IMO that's laughable based on the championship situation. If I was Hamilton I would have done exactly the same thing and frankly I don't know any competitive driver who wouldn't.

i find it quite bizarre that Mercedes would ask LEwis to do it given the effort he has put in and the fact that they are both fighting for the championship

This is always a difficult poine. The team owner/principal wants to get the best results possible for the team; if this disadvantages one driver over another that is life. The fan's want to racing to be fair and equal (well, not too equal of course) so that their driver can show that he is the best. Theoretically the owner should be in charge, after all it is his car which is giving the drivers their opportunities in the first place, on the other hand there is also public opinion to take note of, especially if you are trying to sell cars to Joe Public.

The team owner/principal wants to get the best results possible for the team; if this disadvantages one driver over another that is life.
I think that's a fair point. At a practical level, though, Merc are looking pretty healthy in the WCC standings (173 point lead post-race), allowing them to race - which is what essentially happened and IMO was exactly the right thing to do - did very little to damage that as RBR only gained 4 points on them.

This is always a difficult poine. The team owner/principal wants to get the best results possible for the team; if this disadvantages one driver over another that is life. The fan's want to racing to be fair and equal (well, not too equal of course) so that their driver can show that he is the best. Theoretically the owner should be in charge, after all it is his car which is giving the drivers their opportunities in the first place, on the other hand there is also public opinion to take note of, especially if you are trying to sell cars to Joe Public.
----------------------------------------

I am glad that it was not Rubens Barrichello driving one of the cars because he would show just how feeble he was by moving over

Mercedes aint Ferrari and there is no No 1 and No 2 in the team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom