NASCAR does F1

One good thing IMO is that he hasn't mentioned the possibility of having Danica Patrick in the second car for quite a while. Hopefully he has come to his senses on that matter.

I'm not so sure. In subsequent interviews, it certainly appeared that Danica was taking it seriously.

F1Yorkshire The thing is she isn't fast and she's not all that great for sponsorship and publicity anymore. People don't take her seriously as a driver and her sponsorship/publicity gigs are all a bit tired now. I feel as if her ship has run its course, her popularity and ultimately her value is on a sharp decline.

So if she is no longer the golden girl of NASCAR the next best option for her would be F1 to try and improve her image.

I'm not trying to support this hypothetical move just looking at the options and potential reasons behind them. I don't think it will happen either but it's something to talk about between races!

Well with the new engines and weight limit Patrick is likely to be more competitive now than she would have been in previous years due to her low weight.

Last edited:
Surely the same would apply to NASCAR? I assume they all run with equal weights so any additional ballast could be used to help cornering.

Actually scrap that, NASCARS only go left.

No matter how well funded Haas maybe it is highly unlikely that they will hit the ground running. No completely brand new team in the modern ERA has debuted with a winning car, I don't think many have even scored points in their 1st season or two. There is a high chance that Haas will be joining Caterham at the back and if Patrick is part of the team then any true measure of performance will be tricky to see.

They don't have anything to lose by employing her as a driver at least for a season but the benefits of having the publicity will make it an attractive option!

I knew there would have been some extreme circumstances for a new team to score points but generally they will normally be at the back making up the numbers!

The last team I recall debuting with a win was Walter Wolf, so it HAS been a long time.

The only woman driver I recall in F1 was Lella Lombardi, and I don't remember her bringing all that much publicity or sponsorship to the team.
Of course, the marketing types have become much more adept since then.

The last 'new' team to work their way up to being Grand Prix winners were Stewart and they'd scored points within 5 races. The one before that was Jordan and they too scored points within 5 races too.

The formula seems to be that if a new team is going to last and be succesful they get points on the board pretty quickly. If they hang around at the back too long they usual fold.

Of course I'm not counting 'buy out' teams. They come in having already got building blocks and aren't starting from scratch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom