Monaco - The Marmite Poll

Should Monaco stay in Formula One?

• Total voters
It seems to me to enable overtaking opportunities you need wide straight tracks. This in turn means less skill is required by the driver to 'keep it on the island' during normal running.

Monaco is tight and twisty and needs tremendous skill and concentration to negotiate safely - but you have few overtaking opportunities.

Catch 22 or what.

In theory, therefore, Valencia should be the perfect track - walls close in to the corners to punish any error, but relatively wide and with two or three long straights.

Unfortunately it is the opposite of the perfect track, so...I dunno.

Purely from a selfish point of view I'm really looking forward to Monaco, particularly if there's no overtaking! I might be able to follow the race for a change...

Just voted "of course" and suddenly realised my error. I want to see F1 in Monaco! Totally misunderstood the question. :rolleyes:

Now I understand the question. I'll vote yes. But it's a bit of a mouthful ... let me try it "Fmontecarlo-one" or is it "Fmarmitecarlo-one"? Sounds like an Italian energy drink with a widget in the can.:)

I for one am looking forward to watching Alonso modify the Armco.

I also hope Button will not respond to pressure to contrive a silly problem that removes him from the race...:whistle:

All old polls were a casualty of the conversion due to the double import, so the results are wrong.

Spesh or FB can create a new poll if required.

Thanks Bro, for putting my mind at rest. At least now I know that I'm not going mad, or have an evil twin previously unknown to me! LOL

As the poll's been redone, I've voted for 'Yes, Monaco should stay in F1'. My reasons are as I stated in my previous post...

... not to mention the physicality of the place. If there is one race on the F1 calendar that proves the rule that todays F1 drivers are true athletes it's Monaco.

Just like Marmite, I'd vote to keep it - but personally I see it as more of a spectacle than a race.

Often a damn fine, and exciting, spectacle - but only rarely a good race.

Back
Top Bottom