Current Max Verstappen

Bernoulli

Spectator
At Verstappen’s age Hamilton and Schumacher hadn’t even won a F1 race. Alonso had one win to his name and Vettel had 3.
At 22 he’s more successful than all four put together when they were his age.

Last edited:

Dartman

Podium Finisher
However Kamikaze teenagers are a recent addition to F1, they have been getting younger over the years, Jim Clark was considered to be too young at 24 to be an F1 driver in 1959.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
The best drivers usually find there way to the best car, which is what this stat shows. This questions whether the other teams trusted Max or, perhaps, Red Bull had him tied up in a long term contract, although F1 contracts are made to be broken.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
or that Mercedes didn't want a rivalry with lewis so kept bottas for 2019/20. also Ocon & Russell are next in line before max. Ferrari have their own young driver programme in Leclerc. took quite a lot of persuasion to partner vettel. there is no room at the inn

Last edited:

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I said a while given the potentially longevity he will have in the sport - 15 years or so Max Verstappen could well break Schumacher or Hamilton's record although Ocon, Le Clerc, Russell , Sainz and Norris might have a few things to say about that

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
I think they are happy to be here whilst they still have the Lewis Hamilton brand but as soon as he goes, and with the company already pushing the fact they are going to stop producing petrol driven cars, I think they'll downgrade to just an engine supplier (hello McLaren!) and then eventually pull out.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i thought the same thing about Hamilton. because i think Lewis is big part of the mercedes success because no Lewis they dont win the drivers titles in 2018 or 2019. but it does feel abit like a 9yr old. because they arent winning that they leave

but that's where the budget caps comes in as we need new teams. as with haas unhappy, Renault wavering we could be easily down 14 cars

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
would be amusing irony that they would pull out for 2nd time when on the verge of greatness after years of terrible results

olegg

Race Winner
At Verstappen’s age Hamilton and Schumacher hadn’t even won a F1 race. Alonso had one win to his name and Vettel had 3.
At 22 he’s more successful than all four put together when they were his age.
Yes... it's very possible that will be happened the rule "EIEO"...
early IN - early OUT

It's not important how early he came.
It's important how long he can show his best form.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
RasputinLives I think Mercedes will promote Ocon eventually into the main team and I expect him to be Verstappen's rival because Russell will be thinking by 2022 - he needs to be in a top team as wel

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I can't remember if Max can still achieve youngest world champion or is that gone now ?
I believe these were the dates of the milestones. so he has 1 attempt left
11th dec 2018 - to become youngest pole sitter
12th dec 2018 - to become youngest winner
11th feb 2021 - to become youngest world champion

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I should add I think Mercedes made a mistake not promoting Ocon to replace Bottas......unless they are seriously thinking about signing Verstappen who's contract is up at the end of next season

Top Bottom