Many Small Threads vs. One Big Thread

sushifiesta

Champion Elect
Contributor
This isn't a big issue for me, pretty much not an issue at all, but I thought I might raise the point anyway because I'm an interfering numpty.

At the minute, with launches etc., there are quite a few big threads that will end up spanning many tens of pages. Personally my preference is for many smaller threads, so instead of one big car launch thread there would be a McLaren launch thread, Ferrari launch thread etc. for example. The only slight issue is then you have to think about where McLaren vs. Ferrari comparisons/discussions go... presumably in yet another thread...

Similarly, this could apply to the Teams & Drivers forum. At the minute there is one thread per team/driver, my personal preference would be for one forum per team/driver. I appreciate that this would probably take a long time to implement.

Anyway, that's that. Keep up the good work Bro et. al, the forum is great!

I have no problem with a separate thread per car. It's up to others if that's how they want to do it.
I think we've done it both ways in the past.
In fact it would be quite nice if someone posted a review of each new car with images, we could use them for the home page.

Separate forums for individual drivers and teams is a bit over the top though IMO - there would be way too many forums then and 95% of them would just have a single thread.

The Teams and Drivers forums are really just for general discussion, the kind of things which don't sometimes warrant a thread of their own.
If anyone ever wants to discuss a specific issue in detail, I would always recommend starting a new thread in the main F1 forum.

I have no problem with a separate thread per car. It's up to others if that's how they want to do it.
I think we've done it both ways in the past.
In fact it would be quite nice if someone posted a review of each new car with images, we could use them for the home page.

Ill take on the mantle if you want Brogan on that.

Everyting Ok on the size of the pictures?? McLarens are quite large.

Anyhow done that i'm off too.....Jeez its almost 5.a.m maybe a bit late for Bed!

Oh and perhpas Preview rather Review for the title would of been better but i cannot seem to edit my post :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom