Lewis vs Pastor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the anti-Hamilton brigade are just as as bad as (if not worse than) the pro-Hamilton brigade for their biased views and opinions.

Stuff they castigate Hamilton for is conveniently ignored or explained away and allowances made for when it is another driver, and vice versa.

It has been like this since 2007 and will continue long after he has retired.

My final point is that if you want to villify Maldonado, then you have to villify Hamilton too. Last season, he was involved in more incidents than almost any other driver. Please, show some consistency. Villify Maldonado? Fine, but be sure to make a balanced presentation of the other drivers too!

[/quote]

The condemnation Lewis got last year even for the 50/50 incidents is nothing compared to what Maldonado is receiving at the moment for much worse offences, so that point is redundant. I mean where is Niki Lauda when you need him

You've got professional drivers turned analysts that have castigated Maldonado on 4 occasions now and yet some people still think this an internet forum vendetta against an innocent man.

The stewards have already established that he was guilty of joining the track in an unsafe manner and the real question here should be whether the punishment issued was the right one.

where is Niki Lauda when you need him[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------

Er, what?

My final point is that if you want to villify Maldonado, then you have to villify Hamilton too. Last season, he was involved in more incidents than almost any other driver.
For which he was much vilified at the time!

Villify Maldonado? Fine, but be sure to make a balanced presentation of the other drivers too!
Why? Current drivers, ex-drivers and commentators alike are pretty unanimous that what Maldonado did was dangerous and unacceptable. Yet you still want us to vilify Hamilton for daring to defend his position?

@artist on the whole I respect your views but on this one I am afraid it's verging on unanimous that Maldonado was at fault. As has been demonstrated before Maldonado is not only a fairly wreckless drivers whether on his own or involving others. But he has the audactiy to act as though he is perfect/right etc.

He is getting this much anger because it's the 3rd time he's done something pretty malicious (although the previous attempts against Ham and Perez looked more premeditated). In addition to him seemingly getting very light punishments in comparison.

If this was the first time then yes this level of anger might not be warranted, but it's far from it.

Why on earth you are so intent on us blaming Hamilton either now or for past misdeamenours?!! That seems more of a witch hunt than Maldonado is getting.

ACP2010 I'd take those with a pinch of salt to be honest. Those quotes come a german TV commentary and the tone of the article has a distinct tabloid-style angle all over it. Something might have been somewhat "lost in translation" shall we say, or at least made a tad sensationalised, though Lauda did criticise Hamilton after the incident with Kobayashi in Spa last year.

For it wasn't so much the Hamilton defended the position as to an element of naivety in trying to defend the position. I'm certainly not excusing Maldonado's actions although I'm not sure if it was the "red mist" some are suggesting. Hamilton's car looked like it was driving on ice for at least two laps prior to Maldonado coming up to try and pass him.

Lewis had every justification to defend the position but in terms of the championship story was it the best thing to do? He has shown a much greater level of maturity this year and some of his driving, such as in Canada, has been stellar but would he have been better off not defending quite so vigorously given how weak his position was with regards to grip and, and I know this is not a good reason to get out of the way, knowing what an arse Maldonado can be?

I've offered some reason why Maldonado came back onto the track where he did, not that these justify him running into the side of Hamilton's car. Maybe Pastor just ain't too bright? Hill Billy racing F1 style, Yee Haw!

I wonder if the two come across one another in similar circumstances in the future if Hamilton will drive the same way? Senna managed to frighten "the rabbits" out of the way by using similar antics and with reputation he brought with him from the junior formulae. I don't put Maldonado in the same camp in terms of driving ability but one or two drivers will, perhaps, be more cautious when he comes up to overtake them in the future so it might be mission accomplished on his part. Minor sanction from the authorities and others are now scared of the mad Venezuelan.

KekeTheKing But that was only one post and didn't go on for days ;)

I said it as strongly as I could and nobody disputed a word. I'll only continue if someone calls me out.

I would suggest that the only reason this thing has carried on is that Hamilton happens to be the aggrieved party. People will wrap themselves in logical knots trying to pin the blame on him, and I couldn't stand for it this time in such a clear-cut incident.

EDIT -

one or two drivers will, perhaps, be more cautious when he comes up to overtake them in the future so it might be mission accomplished on his part. Minor sanction from the authorities and others are now scared of the mad Venezuelan.

That's OK by you FB ?

Quintessentially said..The condemnation Lewis got last year even for the 50/50 incidents is nothing compared to what Maldonado is receiving at the moment for much worse offences, so that point is redundant. I mean where is Niki Lauda when you need him[/quote]

I'd change that to:-
The condemnation that Maldanado is receiving now, for much worse offences, is nothing compared to what LH got last year for 50/50 incidents...Niki Lauda.. was louder then, than he is now....as Lewis said ..."it's a joke."

Those that say Monaco is boring,should shut the - up, LH tried some overtaking there last year, it started out ok with MS...but Massa wasn't playing that game & turned into Lewis, as did Maldonado... Pastor a full car length early. LH was not using his car as a weapon as PM has done.

Why on earth you are so intent on us blaming Hamilton either now or for past misdeamenours?!! That seems more of a witch hunt than Maldonado is getting.

Hamberg - Sorry, my position wasn't completely clear - I'm not trying to blame Hamilton - I'm just pointing out that there are mitigating factors. The point about Maldonado is that there has been so much criticism from members here who have been silent in the past of other dubious driving. (I could quite easily have said the criticism should all be at Ayrton Senna). Yes, Maldonado was definitely at fault for this - I'm not trying to say anything else - but I'm also trying to say that there is some justification for his anger at the end of the race. - There needs to be balance of criticism as well - and if one driver is singled out, then it's worth remembering that there are 23 other drivers on the grid, not all of whom receive balanced criticism.

That's OK by you FB ?

It's a tactic - many others have tried it and it works. Not sure if I condone it or not. Let's see what happens in the next few races. I'm pretty sure the authorities will be watching Maldonado very carefully. Remember how Massa and Hamilton tangled so many times last year and it wasn't until Massa got a penalty that he stopped over defending against Lewis. I would suspect that any future incidents will not be treated so lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom