Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

allthough i will say that, im always a bit uneasy about any active sportsman being a sir. because i find it just a weird that andy murray, mo farah, tony mccoy, bradley wiggins. i think it should be a retirement present. alot like steve redgrave. but thats just me, anyway on topic its hugely deserved, outstanding driver he will go down as 1 of the greatest, i lost count of all the records he broken, he's made a good driver look terrible over the last 4 years. his biggest strength is not his pace but his consistency

& its so funny because daily mail waging a war on him, because as much as i admire jackie stewart for everything he has done. the fact is he has said “I’ve lived in Switzerland since 1968, I love it there & it’s my home" but nobody questions his knighthood. but when hamilton says the exact same sentence just switching 1968 for 2010??? all of sudden the same person its a traitor & shouldnt be elgible for a knighthood. i dont mean to restart that discussion but you dont blame Meghan Markle for leaving the UK, with press as bad as this

Race legend Sir Jackie Stewart says there's 'no way' he'd return to Scotland - Daily Record

Not to mention the horse and lance.

Although watching him unseat other drivers with a big stick would be worth watching.

Lewis Hamilton in his race suit for next season.
DD3DCBAC-F3A6-49A0-8ED9-727F76F8DD0A.jpeg

Insider exclusive: Mercedes and Hamilton reach agreement​

Ralf Bach | 04. February 2021 , 17:02 Uhr
World champion Hamilton, so far without a contract in 2021, is to sign a one-year contract with an option for a second season.
De facto, that would be a two-year contract if the Brit doesn’t want to hang up his helmet before at the end of 2021.

An interesting coincidence.
On Russian TV, there was an ad for Mercedes with Lewis Hamilton, where he helps someone on the night road.

He looks quite fetching as a knight doesn’t he. So I guess that next season’s Mercedes is a magnificent war horse.

Was it ever in doubt? I don't expect he has got everything he wanted, but isn't that the point of negotiation? You make a variety of requests. knowing you have to drop some to get what you really want.

I've always thought the best way to come out of these things is when you both feel you have got a good deal so there isn't any long term resentment. If one side feels hard done to they will react at some point in the future.

Last edited:
I will be stunned if Lewis carries on after this season if I'm honest. He has shown he is the greatest of all time and now has nothing to gain carrying on after the season. Why risk being shuffled down the field in a regs change or having some young driver take a bite out of him after his skills have peaked? Hopefully he's learned from watching all those around him over the years tarnished what rep they had. I mean, does he really want to be Fernando Alonso coming back into F1 and pretending he is still relevent? No. Get yourself one more title Lewis and go do your environmental thing whilst running your Extreme E team.

I realise calling Lewis the greatest of all time might be triggering to you "it's all the car, anyone could have done it" people but I think it's something that is undisputable apart from by someone who really really doesn't want it to be true. I love how we pretend Lewis had no input in developing the car into what it is, or any influence in putting the team in place who make it as good as it is - but even without that have you not watched F1 since 2007? Come on.

Last edited:
I think I agree with you RasputinLives.

I think this is the perfect end to a great career.

Staying on into 2022 brings 2 massive risks. Firstly, if Mercedes produce a duffer under the new regs then the "It was the car" brigade will believe they've been validated. Secondly, a new teammate, most likely George Russell, will bring with it a greater challenge.

Also, developing a significantly different car than the previous year will need greater driver involvement, more sim time, feed back sessions and other work. All of which take time and effort.

1 year more to year and job done.

Senna use to keep Mclaren hanging on when he finally realised they could not compete without a works engine deal before jumping ship by having 1 year contracts.

With Hamilton it will depend how the season pans out if he wins without losing his speed then he might carry on but if he knows its more down to his craft ala Prost style then it would be a good time to get out

I think he'll miss out on the title this year, for one reason or another.

I would chuckle though if he moved to a new team next year and due to the reg changes, ended up in a title contender and went on to win another couple of titles.

Back
Top Bottom