Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm sure the 13 women who've won think that worked effectively.
but is it. which women since its inception were robbed of the the title. because out of top 3s of the last 30 yrs. i dont see any robberies. maybe laura Trott or & Kate Richardson Walsh should made top 3

yes there might be more male winners but then there is more high profile male sport annually than women's sport. its sport they know more than most. you can only have 1 winner in sport

Last edited:
but is it. which women since its inception were robbed of the the title. because out of top 3s of the last 30 yrs. i dont see any robberies. maybe laura Trott or & Kate Richardson Walsh should made top 3

yes there might be more male winners but then there is more high profile male sport annually than women's sport. its sport they know more than most. you can only have 1 winner in sport
But this is a symptom of the issue, not the cause... Men’s sports have been prioritised for centuries - and this is only exacerbated by decisions made by broadcasters...

Case in point - Tennis - it was always “can this be Tim/Greg/Andy’s year. When Johanna Konta came along, the fanfare was much less.

Case in point - Tennis - it was always “can this be Tim/Greg/Andy’s year. When Johanna Konta came along, the fanfare was much less.

2017 was quite good, i remember their was alot of support on her way to the semi finals. but at least with Tim & Andy at their peak they were always challenging so the momentum had built over years. konta has only made it past the 2nd round twice in 8 attempts

but i still stand by that, women who were in top 3 there were no robbery. as i can go through the last 30 years.

Bringing this back to the thread of Lewis Hamilton, I do think that he sometimes could choose his words a little better:

"I learned a lesson from it, and they won't be able to catch me out for that again, that's for sure," Hamilton said.

(From Autosport)
It's not that the stewards are trying to catch him out - but are trying to apply the rules! I don't even think that Hamilton is trying to suggest that there's some grand conspiracy - but that instead Mercedes and Lewis are going to be more on top of the rules in 2021... (Subject to a new contract being signed, that is)

Last edited:
I think it funny (not funny at all) that some people (ex Tory mp who now has a column in the Mail) call in to question Lewis Hamilton and his winning sports personality on the basis that they believe he does not have a personality. Opening up his feed for other people who don't like Lewis because of very valid reasons like BLM, his tax status, and only winning in the best car etc.

Can we not just celebrate achievements I this country?

Andrew Pierce is a bell end.

If someone like Andrew Pierce has got it in for you then you must be doing something right. Obviously if not having a personality automatically disqualified you from winning SPOTY, someone should tell Andrew Pierce how the hell did Steve Davis, Nigel Mansell or Andy Murray win it. Judging from what I have read about Andrew Pierce someone of Tim Henman ilk is who he prefers.

Bringing this back to the thread of Lewis Hamilton, I do think that he sometimes could choose his words a little better:

It's not that the stewards are trying to catch him out - but are trying to apply the rules! I don't even think that Hamilton is trying to suggest that there's some grand conspiracy - but that instead Mercedes and Lewis are going to be more on top of the rules in 2021... (Subject to a new contract being signed, that is)
well thats the worry Mercedes will have reread the rule book because they have made a few howlers. because all the mistakes werent actually Hamilton fault. he asked & they said yes

In light of his revelations since Covid i.e loss of weight and strength would it not have been better for him to have admitted he was not really up for a credible racing performance at Abu Dhabi and let George drive, he didn't need to prove anything, I would say he lost a bit of respect coming back unfit.

Last edited:
Meh, Nigel Mansell drove with the flu and had to be lifted from his car in one race. Niki Lauda got back in a race car with weeping burns over large areas of his body. There are many more examples. These guys drive racing cars and will take all and every opportunity to do what they do.

FB - That was my initial thought - but it was such a nothing race for Hamilton - it didn't matter if he won or came last...

Lauda came back to fight for a championship (that was probably rightly his)... Mansell was just mad as a box of frogs! I think Mansell always believed that if he didn't race, then he'd be dropped from the team - he continued to race throughout 1988, despite glandular fever... He raced with a broken back back in FFord - the same mindset beset Webber when he raced with food-poisoning in Fuji 2007...

Some people say heroes... others would say mindless idiots... As I've grown older, I've moved more and more towards the latter camp

Meh, Nigel Mansell drove with the flu and had to be lifted from his car in one race. Niki Lauda got back in a race car with weeping burns over large areas of his body. There are many more examples. These guys drive racing cars and will take all and every opportunity to do what they do.
spot on. never ask a sportsman if their ok. as you'll never get a proper answer. as well as the FA cup quote i posted.

i remember a few years ago hugo lloris Tottenham goalie suffered concussion. he was almost fighting the medical staff you was trying to get him off the pitch & in the end you guess it. he stayed on the pitch

In Mansell's debut GP the mechanics were topping his Lotus up with fuel on the grid just before the off when they accidentally spilt fuel into the cockpit.

Nige was sat in a puddle of fuel for the bulk of the race until his engine packed in on lap 40. He suffered burns to his skin where the fuel had seeped through his overalls.

Two days later and he still can’t let it go. Maybe it’s a Daily Mail thing.
1BE00884-E367-4556-98AB-F984556A63F3.jpeg

He's not the only British F1 driver who lives or has lived in a tax haven, but he is the only British F1 driver who lives in a tax haven who is black.

I suspect that is the difference and why the ****ing **** called Andrew Pierce is whining on and on about it.

Back
Top Bottom