Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

fully agree RasputinLives on lewis as 1 of the greatest. i think for me it will likely of more modern F1. Hamilton Senna Schumacher. he done incredible things. i always say most of great achievement like 2018 have been overlooked because he really has been too successful for his own good because they see the 7 titles in a row & assume it was easy when it really wasnt 2017 - 2019 ferrari had the best car but squandered it

but his main lewis main strength is sheer consistency the man is all but impossible to beat in a championship because he almost faultless. 2013 Spanish GP was the last time he saw the chequered flag outside of the points. in 77 races he finished since he's been a teammate to bottas he's been in top 5 72 times & on the podium 61 times

Brogan, with the amount of changes specifically relating to aero changes then I would want to be wherever Adrian Newey is.

What odds Hamilton and Verstappen swap seats?

also i can see why he would quit f1 in 2021 because he would likely have got nothing left to achieve he will likely have achieved a century of wins & poles. 8 world titles, a knighthood. most british gp wins. won in every season he's competed. also 2022 could see him thinking that this is a natural end. with new 2022 rules & new generation with George Russell

but you would think he would want to try the new cars & i think that Hamilton has plenty more in the tank. he won 2020 at 70% id say. also if Hamilton left as a world champion it would be the rarest of sporting achievements. as sporting greats rarely if ever get the fairytale ending. they all normally bow out on a low

I very much doubt it.

But yes, Usain Bolt what a failure. I assume the other guy is some sort of darts player? Still not sure how the darts players have managed to convince the world it's a viable sport that should be taken seriously. It's a game you play in the pub. What's next?

"Welcome to SkyBets world beer mat flipping championship. We'll cover all 48 hours of this gripping competition. Don't forget though that Sky Sports 3 has the grand final of the how many peanuts you can shove up your nose tournament sponsored by SunPat"

Seriously they can convince anyone to watch and bet on anything by just pounding them over the head relentlessly. "Submit and watch it you bastards!!! Give us your money!!!!" *Whack*

Usain bolt greatest sprinter ever shouldve quit after rio 2016. but gave it 1 more year & tainted the legacy with the only bronze medal of his career & final race DNF through injury

dont knock darts to play at the skill they do & perform under pressure is something. but Phil Taylor incredible dart player. likely the greatest of all time. 15 x world champion. lost 1 game in a world championship from 1994 - 2007. but in his farewell tournament got to the final. facing a debutant & got hammered 7-1

Only a bronze medal against the greatest sprinters in the world?!?! Completely tainted his entire career as the best sprinter ever, what loser!! It's made me completely forget how he dominated his sport for decades.

I'm not saying darts isn't a skill. I know it is but there are lots of skills out there. For instance I can roll the most perfect cigarette in the world. I truly believe I am probably amongst the best in the world at rolling, so much so I think it would be a crime to the world to give up smoking. However....I don't expect people will want to watch me do it on live TV and pretend like I'm some sort of great sportsman.

Interestingly Phil the Power Taylor broke the mould of pub sport by losing 3 stones and somehiw being able outscore his opponents by at least 10 points and is the first milionaire in darts.

Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever .. something that Carl Lewis ( who Hamilton is named after)fans fail to accept..

I dont see how Hamilton would want to drive for Red Bull unless they can convince him that a Newey design with in house Honda engine plus him will still win the title

I am not sure that is a good incentive for him to do it

Only the lure of Ferrari is appealing on his cv but surely not against Leclerc?

Only a bronze medal against the greatest sprinters in the world?!?! Completely tainted his entire career as the best sprinter ever, what loser!! It's made me completely forget how he dominated his sport for decades.

considering the decade F1 just had i dont think have much high ground to start call other sports like darts boring :D . the intricacies are what make these sports great. but still it was a dominant sportsman who didnt have the fairytale ending

but on usain bolt. we arent talking Christophe lemaitire or adam gemlii where bronze is Brilliant achievement. tom Brady last night wouldnt have been pleased to just make the superbowl at 43 he wanted to win. if Lewis finishes 3rd in 2021 thats a failure. this is the greatest sprinter of all time who was hadnt beaten on track in any event at major championships for 10 years. going into London 2017 he had gone to 3 olympics & 4 world championships.
2008 Beijing- Gold Gold Gold
2009 Berlin - Gold Gold Gold
2011 Daegu - Gold Gold
2012 London - Gold Gold Gold
2013 Moscow - Gold Gold Gold
2015 Beijing - Gold Gold Gold
2016 Rio de Janeiro - Gold Gold Gold
2017 London - Bronze DNF

only black mark was a false start. he pushed his body 1 year too many bolt in his prime could jog 9.95. it will taint the memory slightly because if he quits at 2016. he is remember as invincible. a guy who was unbeatable. instead its ending on that vulnerable note showing the human side of the superhuman

in same way hypothetically russell partners hamilton in 2022. & does what leclerc did to Vettel. it wouldnt taint slightly the achievements of Lewis Hamilton

Last edited:
I never called darts boring. I enjoy a good game of darts. I also enjoy eating battenberg cake by removing all the marzipan and putting it in one pile, splitting the pink squares into another pile, the yellow squares into a third pile, and then making a marzipan sandwich with one yellow and pink square. I wouldn't want to watch someone do that on the TV though or put a bet on it with Ray Winston.

Also yes F1 has been dull which is why I didn't watch it last year.

Also no need for the Bolt recap (I was there) however are you suggesting he was less of a sprinter because he had one bronze medal?

(Oh and just to keep this thread on topic - I hear Lewis really likes Battenberg cake)

Last edited:
It takes a great deal of courage for someone at the top of their game to know when to quit.

F1 is probably one of the worst sports for top class sportsman going way beyond their sell by date.

John Surtees and Graham Hill in the early 70's. Emerson Fittipaldi and Mario Andretti in the early 80's, Fat Nige squeezing himself into an exploding Peugeot in the mid 90's, Jacques Villeneuve in the 00's and of course Kimi Raikkonen today.

All of these World Champions went on far beyond their time in the sport and had final seasons to utterly forget.

I think Lewis may be different because he has much wider interests outside of F1. That's why, whatever happens this season and I tend to agree with Brogan on this one, I think he may not win the title but it will be a lot closer what ever happens, then I think he will call time at the end of the year.

Hope so. F1 doesn't deserve him anyways. When he gets fined for wearing a T-shirt but the FIA don't bother getting involved in the Mazipan situation you know someone has it in for you (or is mates with Jackie Stewart).

Also no need for the Bolt recap (I was there) however are you suggesting he was less of a sprinter because he had one bronze medal?

i was there as well for 2012 & 2017 as well, but yes there is a difference between 20 wins in a row & retirement, then 20 wins in row, then getting bronze & then hobbling off into his retirement. he will always be the greatest sprinter of all time but there will be a "but" that had he left in 2016 wouldn't be there. same as Muhammed Ali widely thought of as the greatest heavyweight of all time. but people still talk about him going on too long

Do top sports people actually notice when they are at risk from their younger competitors? their whole lives they are trained not to accept they are not the best, some one needs to tell them, most ill not believe it. Hamilton should never have driven when he hadn't recovered from the effects of Covid but the ego said he was still on it.

Back
Top Bottom