Current Kimi Räikkönen

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Raikkonen was utterly pissed off in the second stint, why should he put himself out for a team who brought him in at a time when they knew he would come out into traffic?
He was the leading driver and can also decide when to come in, he was probably told that there will be traffic when he leaves the pit. His pace was horrific, as he was holding up Vettel before he pitted and apart from that in 9 out of 10 cases the driver who pits first has the advantage.
Everyone would be complaining, if Vettel had pitted first and taken the lead. Vettel was simply faster.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
Can't remember the last time a Ferrari pairing didn't have an expendable driver. Berger & Alesi, perhaps?

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
I don't think I understand the question. The 2007 lineup was strong and balanced - at the time.

Olivier

Race Winner
Raikonnen is not expendable. He's doing the job that he's been paid to do. That's why he will stay for next year (if he wants to).

olegg

Race Winner
After last pole position for Kimi appeared doubts that he was indifferent to any achievements.
Let's see how he will behave after the loss of victory not without the help of team tactics.

aaron8831

Points Scorer
Nah you’re good. As big of a Kimi fan as I am it’s pretty easy to forget the last few years. He doesn’t seem as willing to stick his nose in the first corner on race starts anymore. I’d say that’s intentional too, when it’s all said and done he’s retained by Ferrari to score points and play rear gunner to Vettel.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
One pole in ten years is a bit like the Brazil goal for 1-7 at the last World Cup. It’s not nothing, but had it not occurred little changes outside a history book.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Kimi has lost places this season lifting his nose to make way for Vettel for more often than not . Though I would say China that was Vettel's fault for aggressively chopping him. Though to be said some of the races the last two years he's lost places because Seb keeps shoving into him like Spa and Sochi to name a few

Top Bottom