In season testing to return?

I get the financial concerns but; 1) Ferrari didn't have unlimited spending, just appeared that way as it was more than everyone else and 2) it has the effect of say to Man U, Real Madrid, etc...you can't spend more than Darlington or Oviedo because we want to create a competitive league.....at the end of the day it is a business and like all successful businesses money and rep is earned so it is a right to spend.

Unlimited in terms of they can spend what they want though. I kind of agree with what you're saying but with the financial crisis and manufacturers increasingly reluctant to enter or even stay in the sport I think if measures like the testing ban, engine freeze etc. weren't in place a lot of teams would have folded. We are going off-topic though...

In season testing has been confirmed to return in 2012.

The teams have chosen Mugello.
Silverstone, Barcelona and Jerez were all discussed as possibilities, but high level sources have revealed that in the end it was decided that Mugello would be the best option. It is understood that some of the smaller teams are still lobbying to try and have the test at the UK venue, though the decision is thought to have been made.

The current plan is for the Mugello test to take place in the first week of May, between the final flyaway race at the start of the 2012 campaign and the first event in Europe, which is scheduled to take place in Spain on May 13.

It is understood that Mugello became the preferred option because as well as providing good quality facilities and a venue that is valuable for aerodynamic performance, Ferrari (which owns the circuit) was willing to help host the test - so it would not become too expensive for the teams.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94068

Back
Top Bottom