In-season testing to return

Why does everything have to be SO complicated? All you have to do is allow EVERY TEAM THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY to develop their cars. Level out this ridiculous (as I've said before) "Himalayan" playing field! It would be fascinating to see how each individual team approaches the same problems with the same amount of cash, would it not?

It 'ain't rocket science - yet year after year we lurch from one experiment to another...

:disappointed:

Why can't it be part of the game to see which teams can raise the most cash?

I came across an interesting suggestion yesterday.

Reintroduce a couple Non-Championship events for young/reserve drivers.

I doubt this will ever happen, but I actually think it's a better idea than to reintroduce test days, which the teams evidently have no interest in anyway.

Everyone on here wants testing to be allowed.Or as Keke suggests a couple of non championship races.
We are good at spending other peoples money.The testing ban is what the teams wanted to save money.This measure was to ensure that the newer teams were not disadvantaged by the established teams who had dedicated test teams.
All these brilliant ideas have one major flaw.
Who can afford them.The established teams of course.

This measure was to ensure that the newer teams were not disadvantaged by the established teams who had dedicated test teams.
All these brilliant ideas have one major flaw.
Who can afford them.The established teams of course.
And of course the new teams are up to speed immediately considering the limited testing time available and their lack of dedicated wind tunnels, expensive simulators, resources, etc., not to mention the 30 years of data and experience to draw upon, aren't they?
Oh that's right, no they're not.
They're floundering about at the back, sometimes not even qualifying due to the newly reintroduced 107% rule.

As I said years ago when the 3 new team slots were announced, they should be allowed in-season testing to level the playing field.
Otherwise it's going to take them years to catch up and by that time they will have run out of money and sponsors.

So where can they find the money.
From Chads post
The cost in fuel, tyres, brake pads and other consumables amounted to $1,250 per lap,

Maybe so, but the long term cost of not being able to compete at the same level will be them leaving the series.

Give them the choice; those new teams who have the money and are prepared to spend it at this stage of their F1 career can do so.

Back
Top Bottom