HRT

Johnny Carwash

Champion Elect
Contributor
Karthikeyan is a terrible choice as a driver, but i suppose when you are the owner of HRT money is more important than talent.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I suspect it's likely to be a car share deal for when Red Bull have another young buck they want to try out as with Ricciardo last season.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Just out of interest, did the FIA ever investigate why Luizzi's car disintegrated at Monaco last year in a relatively low speed crash? I know they are supposed to fall apart but it doesn't look as if this car was even bolted (glued) together properly.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
I suspect it's likely to be a car share deal for when Red Bull have another young buck they want to try out as with Ricciardo last season.
Yeah I don't think they current line up will last the season either. My money is on Ferrari paying to put Bianchi in for a few drives rather than be reserve at Force India. Also I'm betting you Liuzzi is still there testing the thing and he'll get a race or two.

Of course on current form they're just as likely to shove Sakon Yamamoto in too. 8 Drivers in 3 seasons got to be a record hasn't it?

Galahad

Not a Moderator
Valued Member
So on the driving front, HRT are actually getting worse. No Geoff Willis now either. Ouch.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
8 Drivers in 3 seasons got to be a record hasn't it?
Williams 2004 to 2006 - Montoya, Schumacher (R), Gene, Pizzonia, Webber, Heidfled & Rosberg so that's 7. I bet there were occasions in the 60's and 70's which can top HRT though.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
True - that wasn't exactly a re-sign by Sauber though was it? More a "OH MY GOD WE DIDN'T BRING OUR RESERVE DRIVER!!!" panic.

I think if Stirling Moss has been walking down the pitlane at the time they'd have asked him to jump in that Sauber for that 2nd practice session. I heard they nearly asked Bernie!

actually that would have been fun!

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Too right. HRT would have been better off signing him for this year as well.

Now there would be a comeback to get excited about

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
It has to be said that the signing of Narain Karthikeyan by HRT seems far more desparate this year than it did last. Liuzzi is younger and more talented than de la Rosa, and frankly the Karthikeyan-zombie stumbling along makes it all the less palatable that younger and excessively more talented drivers are being kept out of F1 - with Petrov, Alguersuari and Sutil prime examples.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
It must be about money. We know Liuzzi is still with the team and I bet he picks up a few race days before the year is out.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Best line-up of the grid for me, be interesting to watch. :)
It will be really interesting to see which of these drivers maintains their record of not beating such giants of the game as Eddie Irvine, Jos Verstappen, Tiago Monteiro and Vitantonio Liuzzi!

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
HRT's problems go from bad to worse.

They now won't be doing any testing with their new car until the last test at the earliest, due to failing two crash tests.

Top Bottom