First Entered 2010
Races Entered 19
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 0
Fastest Laps 0
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Campos Racing

Having run cars in lower formulae former F1 driver Adrian Campos secured one of the 3 places for new teams in F1 for 2010. He commissioned Dallara to build a chassis and signed a deal to use Cosworth engines and Xtrac gearboxes. They also announced that Bruno Senna, nephew of Ayrton, would drive for them.

Struggling for funds, especially to pay for the Dallara Chassis, Campos was bought out by major shareholder in Campos Racing Jose Ramon Carabante and the team renamed Hispania Racing Team

HRT

The team’s financial problems meant they were unable to take part in any pre-season testing and arrived at the first race with Karun Chandhok partnering Senna in completely untried cars. Unsurprisingly both cars were somewhat off the pace and retired early on. By Malaysia reliability had improved, if not speed, and both cars finished.

Continuing financial problems meant both Senna and Chandhok were substituted for Sakon Yamamoto, at various races and at the end of the season Christian Klien was drafted in to try and move the team further up the grid. Despite their poor pace the team finished 11th out of 12 in the Constructors Championship on count back of minor placing’s.

Financial problems continue to dog the team into 2011 and they again missed pre-season testing as the new F111 car wasn’t built in time. Jordan driver from 2005 Narain Karthikeyan is partnered by Force India refugee Vitantonio Liuzzi and the team continue with Cosworth engines.

For some reason I have a bit of a soft spot for the Hispania boys - a bit like I used to for Minardi and would love to see them sneak a point.

Yes its been a bit of a driver merry-go-round there but if you look now they've had the investment they do have 2 drivers who deserve their slot in F1. Also the fact that they went from being so far off the pace to being pretty much with the Virgins by the time we got to the European season shows me they must have some hardworking staff.

As reported on here elsewhere Hispania now have had their controlling share bought out by a big Spanish firm famous for buying into failing brands and building them back up again before selling them on for a profit. This at least secures the teams future and should mean that for once they actually get to do some pre-season testing before 2012. Should be interesting to see what they produce.

The new investors have already stated that they want Hispania to have more of a 'Spanish' identity so I fully expect them to be running in the Spanish colours of red and gold next season as well as there being a young Spanish driver in one of the cars - my tip is Dani Clos.

Anyways you have to love the boys at the back - without them there is no F1

Well done HRT for actually letting him do it as it falls between the Korean and the Indian GP - especially after the whole Kubica incident at start of the season - thought teams would be extra careful.

Having said that maybe Antonio knows something we don't - like he won't be racing in India anyways because of NK!

Yeah I think you're right actually Brogan now I think about it

but I don't think it was confirmed who instead of - makes sense if Liuzzi is going off to race V8's the week before its most likely to be him

My little soft spot is actually for lotus! But on the HRT's they just seem to be a waste of petrol at some races, Canada was good for Liuzzi and NK was just dreadful, finishing 23rd and 24th which are records. Ricciardo hasn't lifted them but he's a rookie you dont expect too much in a car that bad and at least he got 19th at the Ring. Unless they're fortunes and sponsors pick up they might aswell just stop as they seem to be like a joke or a bet, facts are they arent even near lotus let alone the back of the midfield.

lol - which I would still give a tick in the plus box for HRT because there spending the change they've found down the back of the sofa on their F1 team and playing at being Scrouge McDuck!

If spent wisely for all I know the Lotus people could be rolling around and having money fights

Come on, that is unprofessional and I'm sure there's no Formula One team who have ever...

CTA.jpg

...I'm sure there's only one F1 team who have ever rolled around having money fights!

To be honest I'm amazed HRT have lasted this long, but fair play to them, but they badly need an investor if they are going to do anything meaningful in F1

For some reason I have a bit of a soft spot for the Hispania boys - a bit like I used to for Minardi and would love to see them sneak a point.

Yes its been a bit of a driver merry-go-round there but if you look now they've had the investment they do have 2 drivers who deserve their slot in F1. Also the fact that they went from being so far off the pace to being pretty much with the Virgins by the time we got to the European season shows me they must have some hardworking staff.

As reported on here elsewhere Hispania now have had their controlling share bought out by a big Spanish firm famous for buying into failing brands and building them back up again before selling them on for a profit. This at least secures the teams future and should mean that for once they actually get to do some pre-season testing before 2012. Should be interesting to see what they produce.

The new investors have already stated that they want Hispania to have more of a 'Spanish' identity so I fully expect them to be running in the Spanish colours of red and gold next season as well as there being a young Spanish driver in one of the cars - my tip is Dani Clos.

Anyways you have to love the boys at the back - without them there is no F1

I liked Minardi because I felt that they did very well given the money situation. Quite often, Minardi would build a decent chassis but have a retchid engine, particularly at the end of the 90's. With HRT, I'm not sure what they are doing, and what they want to do. Why are they in F1? I can be much more supportive of Caterham (despite the stupid behind the scenes politicking) and to a certain extent Virgin because I think that they do genuinely want to get better. When HRT say they want to improve, it always feels half-hearted...

Yeah Karthikeyan is racing for HRT at the Indian GP.

I think HRT need to link up with an established team and get techinal help. Like Virgin have with Mclaren! Would be nice to finally see them getting closer to the midfield ranks if their did.

Back
Top Bottom