Formula E Hong Kong ePrix

Bill Boddy Formula E put the whole race on YouTube from their international feed but you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Highlights are already up.

Really enjoyed that. Whoever made the decision to not put Aero on there's cars deserves a pat on the back. The drifting and the ability to follow close is brilliant to watch.

Good stuff from Buemi, not sure how Di Grassi managed to get second! Birdy looks like he'll hold his own this year as will Piquet, The Mahindra's (impressed with Rosenquist) and the Andretti's. Think it's going to be a close one.

Bring on Morroco!

Interesting to read this article today. Top Gear hated the idea of Formula E 2 years ago but seem to have caught the bug.

Has Formula E now reached a tipping point?

The point about relevant to road cars (not neccs electric ones) is one I hadn't thought of.

Oh and Sky F1 nicked Formula E's idea of talking directly to the driver on the pit radio on Saturday and jumped up and down about it so they must be doing something right media wise too. Dario Franchetti chatting to D'Ambrosio mid-race behind the safety car is still cooler than Herbert talking to Rosberg on his cool down lap after quali though ;)

I do like the funky new front wings on this years cars, the whole car does still look very fragile though. One other thought which I couldn't quite get my head around, why do the drivers of electric racing cars wear fire proof suits?

Right, Formula E has cracked it. Time to introduce rules (in the guise of safety and cost reduction of course) to stifle development and restrict the number of batteries that can be used in a season.

Jaguar need a history bonus for being involved in motorsport since the dawn of time.

All tracks need to be charged 400% more for hosting a race and all forms of social media engagement should cease immediately.

;)

At least the "e-Jay" isn't making noise all the way through the race any more, either that or they have taken away the effects mike. Who was the chap commentating for C5? I think he usually does motor racing on Eurosport.

Yes I've forgotten his name but he does Le Mans every year and used to be lead commentator on WSR 3.5. He's actually very good. I think as well that's the international English speaking feed not just CH5.

Really teabagyokel, are you sure?

eddie jordan  (1 of 1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom