Poll Greatest Champion of the 21st Century (to date!)

Greatest Champion of the 21st Century

• Michael Schumacher

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Fernando Alonso

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Kimi Raikkonen

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Jenson Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
Hi there! Just hopped out of my plutonium fed DeLorean with a digital copy of the Year 3000 Sports Almanac (Got it from a guy named Biff). And let me see here.......

Yep, just as I suspected. American drivers dominated the second half of this century, with a certain bloke named Lewis Andretti collecting a total of 13 World Drivers Championships from 2052-2071.

Just thought you might like to know. :D

Has to be Kimi - The most deserving world champion of the 21st century. Was incontention for a good few of them and even though it was Hamilton he beat to the 2007 world championship i couldn't have been more happier for the Iceman. Realistically if it hadn't been for dodgy relability then we could really be sat here and calling him a 3 times world champion having come so close in both 2003 and 2005.

Hmmm interesting. I would say apart from Button you can make an extremely good argument for all of them.

Of course on pure stats Schumacher blows them into oblivion.

Had Ham, Alo, Rai and Vet had the dominant machinery, contacted number 2 teammates, tailer made tyres, technical veto's and steward favourship that Schumacher enjoyed they would have achieved the same level of sucucces.

I believe on the champions list, the one who is best able to handle a teammate beating them without throwing toys out of the pram and getting disheartened and unmotivated is Kimi Raikkonen.

But overall its too hard to call one of them as being the best for me.

FB re post 61

There is a shoe shop in Chelsea, Carnaby? Street, called Rsoles
Several years ago, I was talking to an aquaintance, an unlikely man of the cloth, he wore a chunky gold ID bracelet & a thick gold chain... a real blinger.
I had a few too many one night & asked him " Do you save our souls or arseholes?"

I've gone for Vettel. I just can't bring myself (regardless of stats) to vote for Schuie given the situation at Ferrari and in F1 in general at the start of the decade. With a team geared up to one man, tyres, rules et al, geared up to one team, anyone in that position (well okay, almost anyone) could have done the same thing.

Vettel has a certain joy about him, and the fact that he won a race in a Torro Rosso (yes it was wet but blimey, just a couple of years before that team was Minardi) says a lot about the guy. He works hard, He isn't all flash and no bang and he get's the job done. One of the very best as far as I'm concerned.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but all this talk of arseholes reminds me of an old 'Not the Nine o'Clock News' sketch in which Rowan Atkinson, with a foreign accent, asks a shop assistant for a deodorant. The assistant asks, "Ball or aerosol" and Atkinson replies, "No, I want it for my armpits".

Edit: Note to admin/originator - feel free to remove this post to a more appropriate place if desired.

No brainer really but I hate myself for pressing the MSC button.
Button, Button, Button...
Nah, much as I rate him he won't make the pantheon of true greats; more Mansell than Fangio.

Back
Top Bottom