Gaming Gran Turismo 5

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
I think this is the best forum for this news but with the amount of gaming related topic's cropping up maybe a sub-forum needs to be created.

Anyway back to the news that many racing gamers have been waiting for.

Gran Turismo 5 finally has a release date!!

Gran Turismo 5 will be officially launched in North and Latin America on November 2, 2010 and in Europe and Japan on November 3, 2010. Release dates for other regions are yet to be announced.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098188p1.html

It's interesting to note that Adrian Newey and Vettel have been involved in the development of the game but it's not known if the Red Bull car will be included.

There will be over 70 tracks in the game including Dunsfold Park, the Top Gear test track and many other real world circuits including Daytona International Speedway, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Tsukuba Circuit, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Monza circuit, a special karting track based around the Piazza del Campo - a historic public space in Tuscany, Italy used for the Palio di Siena, and two new Rome and Madrid city circuits.

Personally I can't wait. Actually I've been waiting far too long since GT4 so its a good job they have already started work on GT6!

The guy who is in charge of development has an almost psychopathic demand for detail, if the cars weren't going to be in it I very much doubt he would allow any statement to the contrary. I once heard a story that the online multiplayer functionality was canned from GT4 because it was running at 1 frame per second lower than single player and therefore deemed unacceptable :o

As far as the release goes, I think the game has been read for about 6 months, they just got persuaded by Sony to hold it back to add support for the new move controls.

In any event finally the best driving simulator the grace the gaming community coming to the best console available, gonna be a fun xmas :D

Bad News people :(

It's been delayed again.

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

:givemestrength: :disappointed: >:(

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/ ... se-update/

I've got a feeling this will be the gaming equivalent of the Segrada Familia in Barcelona, It will never be completed as there will always been something else to add to the game.

Here's a quick peek at what Newey and Vettel were working on:

red-bull-x1-prototype-front-640x689.jpg

The no-holds-barred prototype developed by Polyphony Digital and Red Bull has been revealed in the latest issue of Car magazine in the UK! As you may recall, the X1 is the answer to Kazunori Yamauchi’s question: “If you built the fastest racing car on land, one that throws aside all rules and regulations, what would that car look like, how would it perform, and how would it feel to drive?”

It’s been developed in conjunction with Formula 1’s most renowned aerodynamicist, Adrian Newey, and their star F1 driver, Sebastian Vettel. So far, we’ve only seen teaser shots, but now we get a much closer look along with some impressive specifications:
Engine: gas turbine, 1483bhp @ 15,000RPM, 527lb ft @ 12,000RPM
Transmission: continuously variable, rear-wheel drive
Top Speed: 249mph
Weight: 545kg
Length/Width/Height: 4750/2180/980mm
Suzuka Lap Time: 1:11.540 (compare with Vettel’s 2009 F1 lap time of 1:30.833)
Special Features: enclosed wheels, “fan element” to increase low and medium-speed downforce (much like a vacuum cleaner)

The day has finally arrived! Technically its tomorrow but as I pre-ordered the game online I received it a day early!

Its just doing the pre-game install now and then its time to play!

After sooo much waiting i am not that excited about the fact they advertise 1000 cars, but don't tell you that actually 900 of them are made up of Honda Civics from every year, every model, about 3 billion Skylines and NSXs, quite literally 17 Honda s2000s + 4 more from tuning companies!? 24 Mitsubishi Lancers!? etc etc etc

Anyhow, time to buy a playstation. :)

It is quite the game. Bought a Driving Force GT to go with it and to replace my old wheel, which has also made F1 2010 a lot more fun as well. Had a bit of an idiot moment though - came out of the pits in Bahrain P1 and wondered why I couldn't slow down. Turns out I forgot to plug the pedals in LOL

Edit - I now have S.Yamamoto as my B-Spec driver (names are random, had to re-roll lots of times)!

chreden said:
It is quite the game. Bought a Driving Force GT to go with it and to replace my old wheel, which has also made F1 2010 a lot more fun as well. Had a bit of an idiot moment though - came out of the pits in Bahrain P1 and wondered why I couldn't slow down. Turns out I forgot to plug the pedals in LOL

Edit - I now have S.Yamamoto as my B-Spec driver (names are random, had to re-roll lots of times)!

I've just got the same wheel too! Its excellent and makes a huge difference for F1.

One of my B-Spec drivers is P.Griffin and the other is C.Cole.

How are you guys coping with the Elise on the top gear challenge? Its a fiesty bugger to control.

chreden said:
F1Yorkshire said:
How are you guys coping with the Elise on the top gear challenge? Its a fiesty bugger to control.

Coping is not the word. So much spinning.

I bought one to use in the British lightweights trophy and it was handling the same as on the Top Gear track, the main problem is the tyres. The only way to overcome the problems is by using very fine throttle control. Once you can master the Elise the game becomes so much easier. My racing version is a joy to drive when its under control but just a touch too much power and your in a wall.

I helped a friend get started and get his B and A licences on Sunday all silver or above, also with the GT force wheel.. the one to have ATM it seems.

I want GT now! and F1, but it needs a little investment on my part. PS3 for one, the GT wheel and a new TV in good time. I may wait until the new AV 3D projectors come out.

Anyone know more about these? You can get VGA ones now, but apparently not for PAL/NTSC type signals for a few months yet...

Grizzly said:
I helped a friend get started and get his B and A licences on Sunday all silver or above, also with the GT force wheel.. the one to have ATM it seems.

I want GT now! and F1, but it needs a little investment on my part. PS3 for one, the GT wheel and a new TV in good time. I may wait until the new AV 3D projectors come out.

Anyone know more about these? You can get VGA ones now, but apparently not for PAL/NTSC type signals for a few months yet...

The Sony centre in Leeds had an offer on the other week for a 40" 3D tv, 2 sets of glasses, a 320GB PS3 and GT5 all for £1200.

My OH picked up the wheel for £79 at argos which seems to be the best price available for it. It is worth every penny! I love the little dial on the front so you can adjust the level of traction control and front/rear differential while driving.

The Sony deal looks pretty good, ill see what the local ones to me are doing, however i would still love to have a 3D screen measured in feet rather than inches :D There is also a Currys offer of a budget 46"? LCD 3D with blu-ray player for £850 or something similar...

I need to dig my Recaro seat/frame from the loft too. It has the older GT wheel for GT4 mounted to it and looking at the new wheel the mounts etc are all the same :thumbsup: I saw the new controls for the TCS etc, sounds really good although i didn't get as far as figuring how they work in the short time i spent doing the licences yesterday...

Grizzly said:
I saw the new controls for the TCS etc, sounds really good although i didn't get as far as figuring how they work in the short time i spent doing the licences yesterday...

I've only tried it on long courses with vastly different sections. The Le Mans course is ideal for practising changing settings as you have those lovely long straights to twiddle settings and a little twisty bit to try them out. With practise I'm sure you could alter settings between corners but last time I tried that I missed the apex totally and ended up backwards looking at a monkey in a tree!

Back
Top Bottom