Goodbye Sid

A very great man. Let's hope that his Honorary President position keeps him engaged in the sport. If you haven't read his books, particularly "Life at the Limit", then you really should.

Goodbye Sid.My undying memory of you will be from the 1978 Monza GP trying to fight your way through the police cordon to reach Ronnie Peterson lying on he track.

Do we all have a copy of "Life at the Limit"?

One of the first things I did when I got hold of the biography of BE was to look up what was said about their relationship. There was no mention of him. Very odd since Sid said that BE supported him in everything he needed to do to make life safer for all. Shame he's gone.

IMO there's very few men at the top of motorsport management that have universal respect and Sid is one of them. I'm sure he'll be missed.

The man who nearly saved the life of Ayrton senna
That's an interesting comment, my understanding was that his injuries were non-survivable, how did Sid nearly save him? To be clear, I'm not splitting hairs, I'm presuming you know something I don't, which is perfectly possible. :thumbsup:

That's an interesting comment, my understanding was that his injuries were non-survivable, how did Sid nearly save him? To be clear, I'm not splitting hairs, I'm presuming you know something I don't, which is perfectly possible. :thumbsup:

After the death of Roland, Sid told Ayrton not to race, but Ayrton being the full blood racer decided to anyway

Sid was respected across the sporting world. I remember a chance meeting years ago in London with Ciff Morgan (ex Wales rugby and Question of Sport captain) who was on his way to have dinner with Sid. He didnĀ“t seem at all surprised that I knew who Sid was, such was his reputation. Both fine men.

Back
Top Bottom