Future F1 Races Thread

Voice of team managers are heard against another season with too many races. (18 was suggested as a good top number.)
Reasons are obvious:
  • Cost
  • Labor burden (overwork)
If Liberty will accept these objections - and I do not know if they will - for new races to be slotted in, they have to replace some traditional ones. Which ones are those? (I am sorry for not reading whole thread.)

I think we could all cope with some new circuits if only so many of the old ones weren't simply discarded. Rotate events between the new players in the Middle and Far East and the "traditional" races in Europe. But then some wouldn't make so much money would they!

I can see this happening. Just come across it & it looks basically heavy pencilled in look at how brundle is saying verstappen is making races viable on his own. Saw an interview today Assen they could & would like to welcome F1 from 2020 - preferably in May, when F1 is already in Europe for Spain & Monaco, a month before the Dutch TT. Van Dam (the organiser i believe) "I think races in Germany, Belgium & Assen can coexist perfectly. Just look at how many Dutch fans already visit the current events. The chance that we will succeed in getting the F1 to Assen is great.

The only problem is would race be on a saturday or this moto gp tradition that im unaware of

I know moto gp races were traditionally on a Saturday at Assen, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they'd changed to a Sunday race a couple of years back.

I also just read there are plans to put 'rear wing rain lights' on the cars to make them more visible in bad conditions from next year. That should be interesting.

Last edited:
but i thought i would revive this thread. because listening to the chequered flag podcast & andrew benson was very certain that we will be racing on Saudi Arabian street track in 2022 only & from 2023 we will be on an Alexander Wurz designed permanent track

Back
Top Bottom