Movies Film Thread

Slugworth didn't end up working for Wonka in later life. Wonka employed a man to pretend to be Slugworth and persuade the kids to get him an ever lasting gob stopper.

Two quick film reviews for stuff I've watched recently.

Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F

The plot is pretty thin and there's no mystery at all about who the bad guy is. There's a couple of toe curling moments in the script which shows it really needed another draft or two. While it was great to see some of the old gang back together none of the supporting cast really manage to convince.

Having said that, it has a lot of charm. Eddie Murphy does a good job of coming across as a slightly wiser Axel and there are a couple of funny in jokes.

It should have been awful but actually it was an entertaining way to spend an evening and above all, it was better than Beverly Hills Cop 3.

Despicable Me 4

Rubbish. Basically. I know it's supposed to be a kids film but there's previously been something for all of the family. This time they've tried way too hard to stuff a load of things in to the plot and it all comes out the other end as blah blah blah. We don't really care for anything or anyone in the film

Probably a film too far.

I gave up on Beverly Hills Cop - Axel F - it was just a rehash of the previous 3 movies, but worse.

I watched Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes over 4 nights - I kept switching off because it was rubbish.
In the end I left it running in the background while I cleaned paint off the door hinges (yes, really).
I watched the final scene and when it was over, I wasn't quite sure what the point of it was.

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare - totally ridiculous but great fun.
Highly recommended.

Haven't seen any of the current Apes franchise since the first one. Not my cuppa.

Ungentlemanly Warfare is on my to watch list.

Back
Top Bottom