Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

I hope his form continues to next season and is competitive, lets hope there's nothing in his contract demoting him to number 2.

It's been really good seeing Felipe back in the last third of the season, lets hope he doesn't have to follow Alonso around next season when he's like this.

Massa a brilliant 3rd. Lots of tears on the podium today. I really like the guy and I hope he feeds his mojo with 'good eatin' over the winter because Ferrari need him in his current form for 2013. Brilliant to see him raise his game after so many had written him off including me. :thumbsup:

I thought Massa was a little star today. Did all he could do. He was emotional after the race. He's a nice guy. And I love Smedly, great team.

Massa is a very fast driver in a car which suits him on a circuit that suits him. Unfortunately he doesn't have that extra bit where he can still score points when things are not to his liking.

In Malaysia Massa was in sight a several tens of metres behind Alonso as he crossed the finish line to win, except he was a lap down.

Massa was a destroyed man in the first 3/4 of the season.

All of a sudden he has found a new lease of life and it looks very refresing. He looked like he could have passed Alonso dissapeared of into the distance, took the scenic route with Raikkonen, come back and still wiped the floor with him. And Vettel, and Webber....

I hope this form doesn't dissapear over the winter.

Massa was a beast today!
He was running circles around Alonso, around Webber, around anyone who came near him.

One can only speculate what he could have done if he drove his own race.
Yes, I think he might have been able to challenge Button.

What I find interesting is that Massa seems to react differently to most drivers, what I mean by this is that when a driver is in the position of driving for his career such as when he hasn't got a contract for the next season he drives his heart out to prove he is worthy and once that contract is in the bag they ease up, just take a look at Webber he drove brilliantly in the first half of season and so Red Bull gave him a contract and from then on he has been under achieving, but Massa is the opposite since he has been given a contract for next year he has been a class act, maybe Massa is much happier just knowing he is secure and other drivers think they can wing it knowing they have the drive they want...

FB if you look back at this and other threads you will discover that I have spoken well of Massa even when everyone else was castigating him. There are other drivers that I have spoken well of, however I do feel that I have the right to not do this for that German fellow who has just retired for the second time.

I may well have spoken in favour of Button more than any other, but it is basically because he has been unfairly castigated by a section of the posters on here. There are also some drivers who get sufficient favourable comment that I rarely need to defend them.

My apologies Bill Boddy, I wasn't suggesting you only write nice things about JB, it was more the content of your post could have been applied to Button or Massa. Not trying to wind you up, promise ;)

Back
Top Bottom