Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

OK, so Massa has finally found out what he's supposed to have been doing all bloody year, but why the Hell should Alonso, who is street miles ahead of him in terms of points, be ordered to move over?

Nando can possibly win the WDC, Massa couldn't even if the other 8 in front of him failed to take part.

Don't care what he's 'been through', finding your form in the last 6 races is all a bit too late!

the only way Massa well be allowed to beat Alonso is if he starts way in front of him and ahead of his nearest rivals like next race would help Fernando because Red Bull now have Webber as the rear gunner to Vettel

Alonso was saving his tyres to attempt an attack in the last ten or twelve laps. When he turned on the pace Massa couldn't stay with him. in the last three laps when he realized he wasn't going to be able to take second from Webber he slowed again. I'm surprised the commentators didn't pick up on it to be honest, it was obvious. One other point, if he had mantained the pace he was setting in those last laps he would have finished approximately 9 seconds behind Vettel, thats on average only 1.6 tenths slower than Vettels lap times for the race. Not a lot to make up if their coming upgrades do what they hope.
Even if Massa had been quicker than Alonso it would have been madness for Ferrari to allow him to pass. Massa buried his season months ago. Alonso is their only hope for the drivers title.

One other point, if he had mantained the pace he was setting in those last laps he would have finished approximately 9 seconds behind Vettel, thats on average only 1.6 tenths slower than Vettels lap times for the race. Not a lot to make up if their coming upgrades do what they hope.
Vettel was cruising for most of the race.
Given the need, I have no doubt he could have gone a lot quicker.

Vettel was cruising for most of the race.
Given the need, I have no doubt he could have gone a lot quicker.
Considering the concern for Vettels tyres there's no guarantee he would have finished if he had pushed harder. Also considering Webbers pace I'm not convinced Vettel was cruising. That said it was a great win, perfectly controlled.

So that's how Massa re-found his pace, he simply 'accepted' that he is not as fast as Alonso and now everything is right as rain at Ferrari.

Stefano Domenicali said:
Another element to consider is that it is not easy for anyone to have someone like Fernando as your teammate. You have to be very mature to accept how good he is.
"That's something we experienced with Schumacher as well -- when we had someone next to him who is able to recognise that Schumacher was faster, everything was perfect.
"When he (the number 2) tries to prove that he is better and he does not, problems appeared.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-not-bad-choice-for-hamilton-domenicali/

Now I've heard of corners being named after drivers but never kerbs but now Massa has one named after him,,,, it is at turn 8 in India. From now on it will be known as Massa Kerb not because of how great he is at said kerb oh no it is because he broke 2 front wings on it last year...LOL

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/...gpupdate&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

Massa Kerb it's got nice ring to it don't you think, what next the Pic Pit Entry?

I'm not going to post news any more cuz Brogan always gets there first, I just posted that on the Massa probably staying at Ferrari thread...:(

Edit

At least he only beat by 4 minutes this time and not four hours.....:)

Massa's form has improved fairly significantly in the last few races but the question has to be why didn't he deliver earlier? Ferrari haven't really brought in spectalur updates for a while so it can't simply be a case of the car suiting him better?....

I wouldn't of put money on him extending his contract earlier this year. I think his last few races saved him. Hopefully he won't go back to slow mode now his seat is secure.

Massa has stay of execution and that I feel will the end of the line for Felipe at the end of 2013 with Vettel being plan A and probably Hulkenberg plan B for Ferrari

Back
Top Bottom