Poll Favourite Missing Tracks from the Last 16 Years

Favourite track(s) from the last 16 years that F1 no longer races at?

• Total voters
Blimey. If that's true what kind of top speed will they be reaching then?!... They're already comfortably above the 220 mph on the approach to the first chicane, how fast will they go on an even longer pit straight?...

Last edited:
Given the list of circuits you can see a lot of tracks are absolute stinkers and don't add anything to F1

By far Sackhir, Instanbul stands out with the mighty turn 8 and there was overtaking opportunities

Imola - post 1994 just is not the same

Korea & Budh circuits both boring Tilkedromes which promised Bernie a lot of money and show you what's wrong with F1 as both proved to be corrupt deals

Valencia - glad they got rid of it . It was only there because Flavio managed to twist Bernie's arm

Depends on the time frame. There are many tracks outside of the time frame posted by the OP which would grace anyones F1 calendar.

RasputinLives Brain fade:facepalm:I was thinking Paul Ricard was good and Estoril was good until they changed the last sector

but other than that there is no many that have stood out about Sackhir. I do miss street circuits like Detroit

I like Phoenix but everyone else hated it. My love of it comes from how well Alesi went there though in that fabulous looking Tyrell.

I remember it was all right angles until they changed it in 1991. Street circuits did add a bit of character unless it was Dallas or Las Vegas which proved disastrous

Adelaide was another good street circuit I miss

Last edited:
But how good was Dallas '84? Probably the most action-packed GP you could ever hope to see - a definite 10/10.
Long Beach was another excellent street circuit - some great races there...

Actually the track layout was seen as quite good in Dallas, and a notch above most US street circuits. The drivers liked it and found it quite challenging.

It wasn't the track layout itself that caused it to be remembered as a disaster but rather the fact that the tarmac began to literally fall apart on race day. There were parts of it that began literally melt under the extreme heat. There'd been a Can Am race immediately before the main event and these powerfull and heavy cars finished off the tarmac for good. To the point that some of walls became loose on their foundations. The drivers became increasingly concerned and there was some talk of a boycott for a while. I think during the race the retirements of Lauda, Alboreto and Prost were caused by a piece of metal that stuck out between two rows of walls in one corner slicing through the outter wheel rim...

Last edited:
But how good was Dallas '84? Probably the most action-packed GP you could ever hope to see - a definite 10/10.
Long Beach was another excellent street circuit - some great races there...

As far as action-packed races go, arguably nothing beats the 1973 Canadian GP hosted at Mosport Park. Unfortunately there's zero interest to get Mosport up to F1 standards and there's no point since the Gilles Villeneuve circuit hosts one of the best races of the calendar anyway.

Back
Top Bottom