Favourite/Least Favourite

Favourites

Michael Schumacher - the talent, the determination, the ambivalence
Kimi Raikkonen - his phlegmatic attitude

Ferrari - by association
Minardi - underdogs that actually brought real talent into F1

Least Favourites

Juan Pablo Montoya - spectacular up to the point of destruction
Lewis Hamilton - not active dislike, but a sense of talent being wasted on the reckless, same as Montoya

BMW - for giving up
Williams - haven't really warmed up to their driver pairing - and for kicking Hulkenberg out.

Favourites

Lewis Hamilton and Damon Hill. The only drivers whose results have affected (positively and negatively) my mood for more than 24 hours and reduced me to tears (happy and sad)

Williams - such a shame but they were the first team I followed and I will always wish them well (once they do away with Pastor)
McLaren - I like the set up with Lewis and Jenson at the moment. And when one of them wins I don't have to listen to 10 hours of national anthems!

Least Favourites

I'm going to have Schumacher v1 as my least favourite past driver. I'll not forgive him for Adelaide 1994
Maldonado - this one is very new, I was fairly shocked at his attitude this weekend.

Ferrari - complete lack of sportsmanship
HRT - just getting ready for when this is archived and gets the odd random viewing​

Am deciding to revive this thread by posting in it as i find it interesting.
Favourites:
1) Ferrari- as i've probably mentioned before, i am a hardcore tifoso...
2) Fernando Alonso- fast, determined and above all a true fighter endowed with grit and maturity..
3) Kimi Raikkonen- a true maverick, a one of a kind, also hugely talented...

Least Favourites
1) McLaren- the great enemy.
2)Lewis Hamilton- The Brit media goes bonkers whenever he sneezes and the silly Indian newspapers copy and paste from Eason, Byron Young and co. and i can't stand that...
3)Williams- have always disliked British drivers and teams(do not take me to be a racist or an anglophobe, please). Damn garageristas all.....

Favorite:

Kobayashi
Prost

Sauber
Minardi

Least favorite:

Hamilton
J Villeneuve

HRT
Spyker

I need to update this :thinking:

Favourites:
Räikkönen - because he's the Iceman
Prost

Sauber
Minardi

Least favourite:
Van der Garde
J Villeneuve

Spyker

There's not really a team that I dislike right now and I am rather neutral towards Hamilton now.

It's interesting. Two years on. Some of my choices remain staunchly the same, but a couple have altered. I imagine that's the case for most people?

I would say that I have certainly mellowed a little regarding Ferrari in the last two years. However, Briatore remains at the bottom of all lists.

I think they are all flawed - drivers, team principals, owners, etc.

But then aren't we all and it is only a sport of sorts.

Drivers
Favourite

Button - an example of how to defy the critics time and time again and involved in the greatest story in F1 for the last 15 years

Hill - never got the credit he deserved until he left Williams. Similarly helped moved Jordan and Arrows further up the grid then they appear to be.

Least Favourite

Vettel - similar traits to Schumacher but also his whingeing behind slower cars when he can't get passed annoys me

M Schumacher - ruthless, selfish, parking offences, deliberate tactics to stop races and somehow damn right lucky as well

Teams
Favourite

Currently none

Jordan - the little team who could mix it with the big boys

Least Favourite

Red Bull - they keep talking about equal opportunities for both drivers turns into hypocrisy as soon as they clash Horner seems to have no control and Helmut keeps running his mouth its always Webber's fault whilst he looks after his little boy Vettel. The argument about the tyres, and double diffusers

Ferrari under Todt whinged about everything they did not have and embroiled in some of the most ugly politics just shading the debacles at Toyota (signed Schumacher but the wrong one) ,Honda/ BAR(we will win our first race) mess and Ford/ Jaguar (embarrassment on the legendary name)

Bosses
Favourite

Current bosses no one really

Eddie Jordan - the man knew how to find talented drivers

Least Favourite
Christian Horner
Flavio Briatore

Both smugs for knowing absolute:censored: about F1 and somehow getting accolades for their team success and both useless driver management. Briatore is a crook

Favourite drivers

Felipe Massa - the perennial underdog
Olivier Gendebien - sports car great, very decent F1 driver, war veteran and true gentleman, yellow Ferrari?!? 'nuf said
Gilles Villeneuve - the perfect racing driver

Favourite teams

Ferrari - the one an only team that has been in F1 since the beginning (and before), has built very nice looking cars and showcased the talent of Gendebien and Villeneuve
Minardi - underrated under-appreciated underdogs ... they raced for the love of f1

Least favourite drivers

Sebastian Vettel - I just don't like him, can't put a finger on why
Nigel Mansell - the whining master

Least favourite teams

Red Bull - just because they beat Ferrari so often

Least favourite boss

Flavio Briatore - the worst thing that ever happened to f1

Ferrari have only been in F1 since the second race, they did not enter for Silverstone, allegedly because Silverstone refused to pay them starting money.

Ferrari have only been in F1 since the second race, they did not enter for Silverstone, allegedly because Silverstone refused to pay them starting money.

Interesting ... my understanding was that the same day (or the previous day) Ferrari was in France for a F2 race that offered better prize money ... go figure

O/T My notes from the original F1 database we had on here say it was to do with a dispute over starting money.

Of course that could also mean Silverstone didn't want to match the fee they got for the F2 race.

Back
Top Bottom