Pre-Season F1 2022

Look, it's white and blue :o

1644847072108.png

ive got my bets in already for the season. thanks to some free bets i got from skybet & accumulated winnings. Russell 5/1 & Leclerc 14/1

& then because of button in 2009. i went for large outsiders. i got vettel 100/1 & Albon 300/1

Good to see Alfa have done something different with the roll bar. Since the reintroduction of turbos the air duct has been essentially unnecessary other than for cooling. I'm not sure what the ultra tight regulations allow but I've often wondered why teams haven't lowered the ducts while maintaining the mandatory roll bar height to allow more air to flow across the rear wing.

Interesting comments on the Williams design from Craig Scarborough's Twitter feed.

It would appear that, because the Alpine engine package takes its cooling predominantly through the roll bar duct (see my earlier post above) then Williams are able to use the upper half of the side pod ducting purely to vent air down on to the rear of the floor area.

I'm starting to disagree with FB, while the differences in design may outwardly not be blindingly obvious I think these new regs have produced the largest variation in design strategy that we've seen for years. The only problem is that we need technical experts such as Scarbs to be able to explain the differences.

Silver one.

1645177676522.png

I should stop being so cynical as there are subtle differences between the cars. I do still think the formula is over prescriptive with too many of the major design elements.

Back
Top Bottom