Pre-Season F1 2022

The first few posts always go into moderation to check we're not being spammed. We may not always be online to clear them quickly. You are onboard Pokitren and welcome to the forum.

Parp, parp, big green thing coming through

1644510298764.png

Since they stopped being 200 mile an hour cigarette packets it's very difficult to associate cars with sponsors and design schemes.

There was once a time when have a car plastered with sponsors names suggested that a team was desperately short of cash. It meant they'd take any offer on the table.

I don't want to get all "back in my day" but I'd definitely say looks are way down a list of teams priorities these days.

I've just watched the video of the launch of the Aston Martin, with lots of loud music, flashing lights and smoke, to cover up the banality of the car itself. Couldn't help but think about the days when Ken Tyrrell used to roll the car out of his shed, or Colin Chapman would rip a sheet off of a car outside his Manor house. Then the drivers would sit on the front wheels and smile for about half a dozen camera men, two of which were from the local paper.

And when we saw the cars they looked different. They had been designed and were unique. They weren't just different colours, using a template inflicted on the teams by a governing body more concerned with the show.

Sits and gazes wistfully out of the window for days of yore, when the sun always shone and beer was tuppence a pint...

McLaren today, more flashing lights as well by the looks of it. BTW Papaya is not a colour, it is a fruit. So McLaren, if you would be so kind as to refer to the colour as papaya orange I would be most grateful.

1644579683269.png

And we crawled 5miles over broken slate to go to school down t'pit

Off topic, I saw some images of London in the 1980's recently. What a dump, where poverty raged in amongst derelict buildings and massive social issues (mainly down to 3 million unemployed) resulted in civil unrest. Some things have changed for the better, some things are worse, most of the crap is now more well hidden than it was in Thatcher's Britain.

On topic

Lando is TV studio sofa surfing prior to the new car launch. I bet Phil and Holly threw some tough questions at him!

1644580161673.png

ORA-03126: driver does not support non-blocking operations

Cause: A non-blocking operation was attempted and the driver does not support non-blocking operations.

Action: Use default blocking operations or use a driver supporting non-blocking operations.

There was a "sneak peek" of the Merc a little while ago and it had the same louvres up the side pod. Aren't we blessed to have a formula which allows such diversity of design colours?

Back
Top Bottom