Pre-Season F1 2022

Hamilton pretending to be thinking about retiring racks up the pressure on the FIA to avoid a similar incident to the last lap in Abu Dhabi.
Looks like the FIA are not only keeping Masi, but increasing his powers, so I don’t see any positive outcome for Lewis in 22.

ive saw this on social media looks like Mercedes unveiling

Screenshot_20220101-152702_Instagram.jpg

i put the photo through some lightening editing
20220101_155341.jpg

Last edited:
With that looking so exactly like the "FIA example" design, it's either a dummy front page in preparation for the launch or, every single car in the grid will look even more identikit than ever and we may as well have a spec series.

cider_and_toast the release or testing car is never the car raced on opening day

but dont cars always look the same. you would have to be pretty dedicated fan that if all cars were painted white. you could pick out which team is which

It looks photoshopped. There are artefacts around the Mercedes logo, and there are lots of strange artefacts on the nose.

The photoshop seems to be around the original concept images:

The version that was built looks very different around the nose

its a strange one, as why would a an official team go to show much effort to "unveil" their car if it just a photoshopped version of the FIA one

I can see differences - mirrors are more outboard on the Mercedes one and suspension strut arrangement looks a bit different. It's probably all academic anyway as the designs change a fair bit even from testing to the first race.

i was saying at work, as we had new starter last 6 months. this season has potential to be very exciting. as you could make the case for 6 teams to could be the team to beat. Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Alpine & Aston Martin. then last time we had such a aerodynamic change. it was the teams 7th & 9th in previous constructors championship that competing for the title

If you are talking about 2009, both teams were clearly sleeping giants, investing huge sums of cash, along with Ferrari and Mclaren engaging in a full on battle the year before, so losing out on time due to i season development..

Not saying it won't happen, but the circumstances this year are quite different to then.

The Pits - whilst I tend to agree with you, Mercedes and Red Bull were throwing an awful lot of resources at the battle at the end of the 2021 season (although Mercedes famously did not spend its tokens early in the season, so may well have saved budget there)...

The key thing that could turn this is how much of the (capped) budget the two teams dedicated to 2021...

And The Artist..... how much teams lower down the grid did the same. There were battles for 3rd, 4th and 5th in constructors. Key for Honda/Brawn and Rwd Bull was that they had the funding and didn't need to concern themselves with prize money and competing for a year. Lack of budget cap helped too to be fair, but unless there are some really crazy loopholes, I think we could be disappointed!

That said, with such a big rule change, there is still the chance that a team could get it REALLY wrong. Limited I think, but still there, think McLaren in 2009

The Pits i posted about the weird things on big changes of the last 25 years.

i would never rule out mercedes for the reason in this hybrid era that you would say ended on Sunday. historical precedents dont apply to mercedes & also they arguably got the best line up on the grid with Hamilton & Russell

but thinking
1998 - Both Williams including reigning world champion was lapped
2005 - Ferrari from domination to nowhere
2009 - Lewis was knocked out of Q1
2014 - Vettel went from 9 consecutive wins to out in Q2

also this season is also massive for alot of people, because alot of team principals, company CEO's & the F1 boss has staked alot on these rules. many reputations at stake. if the racing hasnt eliminated the dirty air in the way they had advertised alot. im not where F1 goes from here, because having the change the cars would tarnish the legacy of Ross Brawn, Pat Symonds & Chase Carey

alot of team bosses because if their not successful this season could be in troubled with Alpine, Ferrari, Aston Martin ,Mclaren (to an extent) have been saying & aiming as early as 2019. they want to be challenging for the titles. but of course your going to have some disappointment from bosses promised race wins & were out in Q2 in Bahrain

It always makes me laugh out loud when you see those massive cars on tracks like that and people today say "this circuit is too narrow for F1"

LOL
always. as i mentioned to those who say that. its the cars not the track unless in catalunya then it is the track. as F2 in the morning has a great race. Baku 2016 case in point maybe the race of the year followed few hours later followed by the worst race of the year

Looks like the money from Bahrain to host it as the “official” test is what’s most important to Liberty Media. In the last 2 months Liberty Media has successfully united fans in hating them twice. The sport is in the mud, and I can honestly say that I’ve not been this uninterested to the start of an F1 season ever.

Back
Top Bottom