Football Euro 2012

Andrea Pirlo's pass were just to die for last night. He's been up there with many of the best for years and to see him and Bastian Schweinstiger go head to head on Thursday night will be a drool feast to say the least.

FYI - if Pirlo isn't in the UEFA's team of Euro 2012 then i'll say its a fix.

On to England - same old story really. Just can't seem to find the net in the knockout rounds when we need too. Pens are a harsh way to decide a game but it's the only way. Unless FIFA decide to have some fun and make it the crossbar challenge, now that would be fun.

Maybe someone should start a
jugando_al_tenis.gif
thread but it ain't gonna be me....

Yeah, Tennis, Thank God the Beeb sold most of its F1 coverage so that we all get to see two weeks of heroic British failure, rain and Cliff Richard.

Yes, but what failure. British tennis has raised this to new levels of inability, they even make the English football team look good.

Anyway, Spain Portugal tonight who do we fancy playing the German's in the final?

Spain, I can't stand that strutting peacock (and other more derogatory terms prompting swear filter bypass warnings) that is Christiano Ronaldo

No, because we then run the risk of them winning it if they get there.

Mind you, I don't see anyone lifting the trophy other than Germany.

Humms, Deustchland Uber Alles to himself and works on a plan to annex the Sudetenland...

I apologise, Mark Lawrenson is 90% of what's wrong with BBC football.

But the other 10% is the endless bloody montages when England are playing - normally a bunch of complete twats rapping, singing or shouting over England's habitual one good moment of the tournament (Welbeck vs Sweden, this time!)

Then between montages, we have Lineker, Hansen and Shearer telling us how England's players are much better than Johnny Foreigner (In 2010 one of them suggested no German would be good enough to get into the England team. So we'd drop Mesut Özil, then.) Lee Dixon tends to point out England's glaring weaknesses, while trying to tow the party line.

Then Lineker will link to the match saying its always harrowing with a cheeky grin (Chiles on t'other side usually actually looks harrowed). And at the end of the match they tell us, oh look, Andrea Pirlo (this time) is a world-class player. Well, you'd have known if you'd been paying even a tokenistic level of attention to European football in the last 10 years, wouldn't you? Suddenly, its obvious that England would lose.

Lowest common denominator, jingoistic nonsense that even annoys me as an Englishman, Christ knows what it looks like to the Welsh and Scots.

Clearly, Jos the Boss, any advert that uses the phrase "Sir Andrew Sinton" cannot be entirely serious!

The thing that i would find most annoying if i was an Englishman is the fact that whenever England lose it is down to the fact that there is no winter break, and the players are tired. Maybe if they learnt the basic skills of keeping the ball then they wouldn't have to run round all the time to try and get the ball back off the opposition.

I love the fact that Lawro refers to England as we and us despite having been an Irish international. What next, Vinnie Jones in a Welsh shirt? Oh wait... Jones the donkey perhaps LOL

(Sorry to all Welsh contributors , I've been listening to Under Milk Wood, it colours you perception and doesn't break down any stereo types)

Back
Top Bottom